Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I am a little late in posting it. Had some problems and still have some issues to work out with the dealer who sold it to me. I just ask for honesty , if the power seat only works back and forth but not up and down or tilt, tell me. Don't tell me it works fine when it doesn't, especially when I asked specifically about power seats or anything ! Is that too much to ask ?

So anyways, here is the truck. I ll take some more pictures later. It definitely is getting a leveling kit and I ll decide later when it needs tires , if I do a lift and bigger tires at that time.

It has an edge juice with attitude on it. AFE air filter setup. Trans work ( not sure what, but it shifts good and strong ). Gauges on the pillar. All in all its a clean solid truck.

Cons

Power seat on drivers side doesnt tilt or go up and down.

Power windows only work from driver control, nothing else. Not sure if the lock button is bad or what ( any tips or hints ... )

Knocking noise in front of motor, seems to get quiet when warm. Sounds like CP3 pump knock from what I ve read. Doesnt affect performance or mileage that I can tell so far. Mileage so far seems to be about 15 mpg or so in the 150 miles I ve driven it , half and half highway and city. I am hoping for ALOT better then that though......

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
Really good looking truck. It's the window lock switch that fails on the driverside window controls. Bummer about the power seat.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys !

Here are a couple more pictures.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Nice truck

That was on Ebay wasn't it?

Had the same problem with my switch. I took my switch out and cleaned and blew it out. Works fine now.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes this was on Ebay.

It was clean and everything is pretty nice on it. But the dealer was a typical dealer and lied about its condition.

I just don't get it. Where have all the honest people gone.... err..... wait a minute it was a used car sales man.....:doh::banghead:

I ll try blowing this one out and see what happens, that would be cool if it fixed the problem with the windows.

Now if I can blow out the drivers power seat mechanism.........

·
hydraulic lifter crew
12,567 Posts
how many miles on it ? may just need a valve adjustment,
could be a part of the knocking noise your hearing.

looks like a nice clean truck from the pics :thumbsup:

·
Pursuing the Great Commission
9,780 Posts
Yes this was on Ebay.

It was clean and everything is pretty nice on it. But the dealer was a typical dealer and lied about its condition.

I just don't get it. Where have all the honest people gone.... err..... wait a minute it was a used car sales man.....:doh::banghead:

I ll try blowing this one out and see what happens, that would be cool if it fixed the problem with the windows.

Now if I can blow out the drivers power seat mechanism.........
This is pretty common on the window switch. I'll take a look at the driver seat schematics :thumbsup:

http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/3rd-gen-non-powertrain/140614-window-problem-answer.html

Reactions: CCZ

·
Mr. Vehicle Destroyer
11,910 Posts
I really hope you aren't expecting ALOT better fuel mileage than 15.... you have a dual rear wheel four wheel drive quad cab long bed truck, with a giant air drag hanging off the front of it..... What gears does it have? 15 sounds about right to me, I get 15.8 or so in my truck right now, its an 03 as well.

·
Pursuing the Great Commission
9,780 Posts
If you're good with schematics, here is the driver seat switch schematic. :thumbsup:

Reactions: CCZ

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I really hope you aren't expecting ALOT better fuel mileage than 15.... you have a dual rear wheel four wheel drive quad cab long bed truck, with a giant air drag hanging off the front of it..... What gears does it have? 15 sounds about right to me, I get 15.8 or so in my truck right now, its an 03 as well.
I guess looking at what some others where saying on here, I figured 17-18 would be pretty good.

The front bumper I am bummed about. Its not as bad as I thought it was. And I mainly do a 12 mile drive a day, so really I am not going far enough to make mileage a huge difference or pain in the butt.

It has 3.73 gears in it.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If you're good with schematics, here is the driver seat switch schematic. :thumbsup:

I can work with schematics, while I don't like to , I can LOL.

Thank you very much for the info !

Maybe I can rectify the problem this weekend.

Thanks
Todd

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Fixed the power window switch thanks to the link and information.

Now I have Power Windows that actually work the way they should !

Thanks
Todd

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
my dog is named DIESEL
1,149 Posts
my truck had the same problem.. it was just the window lock button was stuck.. i hit it pretty had when i was drunk and it has worked correct ever since.. might try that

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
my truck had the same problem.. it was just the window lock button was stuck.. i hit it pretty had when i was drunk and it has worked correct ever since.. might try that
What were you doing in your truck drunk?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thats what I was wondering !

1 - 20 of 20 Posts