Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1998 dodge ram 2500 deisel that I bough new and I love it but am thinking about getting a new one But I hear the mileage won't be the same. I get 22 solo now. Can anyone tell me what the new ones get? thanks

·
Registered
5,048 Posts
As stated above, a lot less mpg, BUT, there is no comparison between a 98 and a 2010....inside and out, at least to me, this truck beats both Ford and GM for good looks, inside and out, fit and trim.. (came from owning Chevy's for quite some time, last three being D/A's). They are a lot quieter inside and out, don't really have the "diesel smell" when idling or driving. More HP and TQ...I don't know, though the mpg is a "bust"..(I average with winter blend diesel around 13.5 mpg using sig. truck as daily driver with about 5500 miles on it), it's still an awesome truck....I think the "pros" outweigh the "cons" for purchasing new, but that's just my opinion. Bottom line, do the search...It's your money and in the end, YOUR decision.....

·
Registered
492 Posts
I get around 15 average empty but with the deletes u can easy get 3-4 more mpg's. U will never get the mileage of your 98 but these new trucks are so much nicer it's not even a comparison..

·
Premium Member
9,497 Posts
I averaged 11.5 empty. With the deletes it went up to 14.5 mpg.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Went four wheeling this weeked with some buddies and we towed about 8k lbs of quads and trailer with four guys in the mega. They were all talking about how great it was( heated rear reclining seats, dvd, tons of room for everything.) Averaged about 12-13 mpg for the trip. Stopped to fill up and the bill was about $120:shock:

Moral of the story is you've gotta pay to play, you'll love the new truck so much more you won't even think about the MPG unless you can't afford to fuel it and in that case you may not be able to afford the truck.

·
Registered
855 Posts
i get 19hwy, 13-14 putting around this winter, alot of idle time unfortunatley

edit: il bet this summer i'll get 20+ on highway with the setup i have now

·
Registered
228 Posts
Before the deletes I was getting around 14 on the hwy, after only a couple of days with the deletes it is looking like 18 - 19 on the hwy. This is with the lie-o-meter on the dash but it is showing about a 4mpg increase with the deletes. Will do an accurate check this tank.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.