Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

MY '14 Megacab been in D1 Status Since August

2085 22
I have a megacab that has been in D1 status since August. It was a sold order and "hot tagged" since it is a lemon replacement.

I was told recently that there was a hold on all Megacabs until 11/11, but have started seeing them delivered.

Anyone know what the deal is with this?
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
I'm in the same boat. My 2014 Mega has been on order since 9/16/13.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I have a megacab that has been in D1 status since August. It was a sold order and "hot tagged" since it is a lemon replacement.

I was told recently that there was a hold on all Megacabs until 11/11, but have started seeing them delivered.

Anyone know what the deal is with this?
How was the process? Smooth? I'm about to jump on the lemon ordering myself.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How was the process? Smooth? I'm about to jump on the lemon ordering myself.
Horrid. I had to hire a lawyer and it took a long time. Truck had cronic death shake and would ruin transmissions putting itself into first gear randomly at highway speeds. After about the 10th time it attempted to kill me I hired a lawyer.

Dodge agreed that it was to dangerous to drive so they lemoned it... But then asked me to keep driving it on a daily basis until the new truck arrives...:confused013:

·
Registered
214 Posts
Horrid. I had to hire a lawyer and it took a long time. Truck had cronic death shake and would ruin transmissions putting itself into first gear randomly at highway speeds. After about the 10th time it attempted to kill me I hired a lawyer.

Dodge agreed that it was to dangerous to drive so they lemoned it... But then asked me to keep driving it on a daily basis until the new truck arrives...:confused013:
Thanks for the reply.

If financed, are you still making payments?

How many total days out of service do you have and was that the basis your your lemoning or was it on repair attempts?

Did you get any concessions?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Man, that's the news I've been waiting to hear. My order was placed on Sep 16. Maybe it will get built soon...

·
Registered
102 Posts
I got an email this morning. My truck is in production. They are building the frame! I may actually get the truck this year! Now if someone would release a lift kit so I could put the 37s on it.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hope the transmissions we've been waiting for don't end up like waterfowlers experience! Man that's terrible.

·
Registered
610 Posts
He he, you had ur chance #2! That's ok, the Aisin in mine is NOT as good as the Allison I came from ! From a shifting, and knowing what gear to pick and be in at any given time. They say these tranny's "learn" how to work- mine must be a slow learner!

·
Registered
85 Posts
your truck is still a virgin. Ride it hard and put it away wet a few times. maybe then she'll be as smooth as that worn out old Allison you had!

·
Registered
610 Posts
Worn out or not, it shifted better at 260,000 miles when I sold it than this one does! I just need to hook up to my 10k tractor and teach it a few lessons! 3-4 trips up and down the shop driveway and it'll be crying!!!
But seriously, the Ally would downshift as you slowed, helping to brake. The Aisin just seems go to sleep when slowing down, and leaves it all to the engine brake. Problem is, the rpm's need to be above 1k or so for it to work- if the tranny doesn't downshift with decreasing speed, thus increasing rpm's, the engine brake quits as well!! I sure hope I don't have to manually hit the shift lever button all the time. That will get old, real fast!! It wouldn't be bad if when you hit the button to downshift it started at the gear you are in, but it starts at 6, and if you are in 3, you have to press it 4 times before anything happens.
Like I said, it ain't an Allison!!
Oh well, let the beatin's , er lessons begin!!

·
Registered
15,315 Posts
Worn out or not, it shifted better at 260,000 miles when I sold it than this one does! I just need to hook up to my 10k tractor and teach it a few lessons! 3-4 trips up and down the shop driveway and it'll be crying!!!
But seriously, the Ally would downshift as you slowed, helping to brake. The Aisin just seems go to sleep when slowing down, and leaves it all to the engine brake. Problem is, the rpm's need to be above 1k or so for it to work- if the tranny doesn't downshift with decreasing speed, thus increasing rpm's, the engine brake quits as well!! I sure hope I don't have to manually hit the shift lever button all the time. That will get old, real fast!! It wouldn't be bad if when you hit the button to downshift it started at the gear you are in, but it starts at 6, and if you are in 3, you have to press it 4 times before anything happens.
Like I said, it ain't an Allison!!
Oh well, let the beatin's , er lessons begin!!
Turn tow/haul on. I don't even use my brakes till the last 10 feet or so, the transmission downshifts just fine keeping the exhaust brake on until you almost stop

·
Registered
610 Posts
I've not had that experience when I have it on? It certainly is better than without, but there is still a large void in rpm's and/or speed when there is no or little tranny or exhaust brake help. I get down to around 25-30, then I'm on my own most of the time. I figure that is the way it is, or it is still learning, and will change.
Trying hard not to overthink this, and see problems where they ain't :confused013:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.