Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your truck HERE to be a part of December's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've a 2006 Ram 1500 4.7 18,000 miles. I dodn't drive it much! Anyway never any problem with the truck until today. Started the truck, less than 30 seconds I put it in reverse and it just died. Like I turned the ignition off. Put it back in park and tried to restart. Engine turned over for a good 10 seconds without starting. I tried again for another 10 seconds or so, no joy. I then turned the ignition to off and waited about 30 seconds or so, then tried again. Engine started after a longer that normal turn
of the starter. I let the engine warm for a few minutes then shut it off and restarted it which was a semi-normal start meaning it still took longer than it should have been by a couple of seconds. Any ideas? Your thoughts appreciated in advance.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
maybe your fuel pump is takin a crap?
I was thinking the same thing but I am not quite sure how to check the fuel pressure myself. :confused013: It is still under warranty but I just don't really want to go to the crooks.... I mean dealer. :lol4:

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
our 05 did it once, never had a problem since then, dont know what the problem is sorry
Thats odd isn't it. You never took it to the dealer or anything? Just never happened again? I am glad to know that mine isn't the only one though.:lol4:

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Thats odd isn't it. You never took it to the dealer or anything? Just never happened again? I am glad to know that mine isn't the only one though.:lol4:
For some odd reason dodge canceled our warranty. It was supposed to have 7 yr 72,000 miles. It only had 15000 on it when it did it. I wasnt gonna pay a dealer to tell me that they couldnt find anything wrong like normal.

I have lost a lot of faith in Chrysler from that and a 6.7 we had.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts