Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guy's, i'm new with diesel trucks and new here, i bought a 01 quab cab 4x4 with 78000 miles with some front end damage, a had to replace a couple engine parts like ac compresor, alt bracket and some others, but i end up puting a turbo from a 94 cummins "dont know the milege" now the truck every morning when it's cool smokes grey smoke, the smoke it's gone after i drive it for like 1/8 a mile and i dont see that smoke again, also i live in the mountains of CO and when i'm going down the hill after 1-2 minutes with out step on it starts smoking again till i step on the gas pedal and the smoke it's gone, or if i put it in neutral there is no smoke, could this be the turbo?

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
did it smoke before you switched turbos??

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I bought the truck wreck, the turbo had a crack on it and dint spin, but ones we take everthing a part with no front end like radiator, intercooler ect, just engine and broken turbo, i turn on the engine the had a couple weeks park and dint smoke at all.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
I'm stumped. Maybe some else has an idea of what it could be. Bump.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts