Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

mufflers for 5"mbrp miter stacks

622 Views 5 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  DIESELDAWG05
anybody know of a set for these i dont really need anymore fines dont get me wrong i love the sound but i feel there a litle loud when i hammerdown on it ???i dont no if its cause im not used to it or if its cause the stacks are up in the air instead of the factory down low in the back pipes???? thanks:peelout
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Washington Chapter Vice President
5,035 Posts
Try the Hushpower, its what i went with on my stacks. Very nice sound and it works well.

Jackthebear3 (Wally) on the forums is the guy yo contact about it.

· Registered
286 Posts
are the stacks alot louder then just the dpf delete?? i want my 5.9 rumble back!

· Registered
1,431 Posts
imo, i wouldn't get the hushpower. it's good if you don't like turbo sound, but a packed muffler or a muffler with a restriction in the center (like the hushpower) cuts out the turbo noise. i'm partial to the expandit muffler on their (my old) 5" exhaust. my reversed, fluted 4" AFE muffler is alright, but a little quiet for my taste.

grand rock has the stack insert "mufflers" but they don't do much of anything.

· Washington Chapter Vice President
5,035 Posts
Yes Stacks are louder then just the DPF delete. Also The Hushpower doesnt cover up too much of the turbo whine, i can hear the Ex-Brake loud and clear as well as the spool up.

· Registered
286 Posts
sold.....i need a set

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.