Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Muffler Sh1ty

2013 Views 5 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  Stump Jumper
So I as you know I put in my new turbo But I had to chop the down pipe for it to fit. I had a friend take my truck down to Muffler City to have an elbow and about 4" of pipe so that it could be fitted to my exhaust system. They told me it would be $281 to do the work. Are they out of there minds...!!! Any one else know of any one thats not out there to rip us off???
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
675 Posts
For a 4" pipe and to bend in an elbow. Wow. I went there to see if they could put a small bend in a 4" pipe that I had and they told me they didn't have the correct dye to put in a bend. They could onle do up to a 3.5" pipe.

· Registered
173 Posts
Call Nick or Jerimiah at Underground performance, they are really good guys. Not my crowd I just worked at Northern 4x4 years ago with Nick. Do you need an elbow made or put on? There is no one in the state of alaska that can bend anything over 3.5". If you need an elbow go to 6 States, this is really bad timing I just gave away 4 elbows, 4" & 5" pipe.

· Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I went to trailer craft and got some Stainless flex for $30, 2 clamps $6. each. Making my own elbow priceless... Lol

· White Collar Fabricator
2,262 Posts
I'll second 6 States, they dont stock stainless but they do have alumanized. I've used many of their products in the past, top notch IMO.

· Registered
693 Posts
that is Why I dont go to Muffler city there prices are a rip off and there work sucks.

I second Underground I just bought some parts from the and most of them were cheaper(with shipping) then what I would have bought them for online befor shipping. NAPA on Dowling has lots of larger pipe,elbows,flex pipe in stock thats where I got the stuff for my stack.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.