Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got pushed off the road yesterday going to work. Somone cut me off and I ran over something in the grass, or i hit a pot hole. Eiether way, now my exhaust from the muffler back has fallen off. The problem that I am faced with, is as follows:

The muffler inlet is not going back onto the mounted exhaust because the clamp attached to the muffler narrowed the bend. Is there a way to easily widen the muffler inlet back to the stock width.

I really am frustrated because i JUST installed this system less than 2 months ago. ANY help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
Take it to a Muffler shop and have them stretch it back out to the proper size. Or they make a little pipe expander you can buy for like 20 bucks or so. They're cheap, but the work for rolling the crimp out of pipe like that.

Bet you'll use band clamps now!!!! Once you do, you'll never use a regular clamp again.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Does anyone know of anywhere you can access a pipe expander to fit a 4.5 inch pipe?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts