Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i just installed my 5" turbo back and i was wondering i have the muffler on right now but its not loud enough for me :lol3: so i was wondering on how much louder it is with the muffler delete i dont care about the drone thanks guys

·
Registered
317 Posts
I have the same question but I have the 4" turbo back. Does removing the stock muffler make it any louder?

·
Registered
60 Posts
It is a little louder. i have a 4" and I still have the cat. It is not that bad and it does not wake the neighbors.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I made my 4" system and i dumped it out before the rear axle whithout the cat and its pretty gnarly. So if you live in a nieghborhood id be weary.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
it makes it a little louder but nothing like the 5.9 it does have a little drone but not that bad,

·
Registered
721 Posts
I know, I know, your waiting for someone with a 6.7 to chime in. I've got the muffler and I don't have a cat. If you don't mind the drone, go for it, you'll gain what you've been missing!

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
my best friend has the 6.7 and he had the muffler for about three months then took it off, to me the 6.7 straight piped sounds like my 5.9 with the FBD 5" with the muffler on it. Not super loud but not quiet either

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
Just through some 6" stacks on there. It will get loud then. Anything else is really mild in comparison.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
I have the 4 inch turbo back straight pipe, no cats no filters no muffler... I had my muffler on at first but then ordered the muffler delete from xtreme diesel, it was $50 it comes with all the hangers just like the stock mufflere, just no muffler. It made a world of difference in the sound.. I love it, it does make the drone a little worse, but not too bad. Like i said before I love it and wont go back.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts