Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im wantin to take the muffle off my 95 cummins, do you have to do anything else inorder to do this?will this decrease the fuel economy?also is there anything else i can do easily to increase performace and not lose mileage

·
Registered
736 Posts
it wont hurt the mileage so long as ya keep yer foot outta the radiator pushin on the skinny pedal, should help a bit, it will breath easier. i put the big exhaust on mine and my fuel milage took a dump......till the novelty of the new sound wore off and I let up on the throttle. Now i seem to be doin a bit better, hard to tell tho have not run but a few tanks thru it sinse i installed it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Get that muffler off there and getta piece of 3" or 4" put in its place ;)... your truck will love you more than you love your truck ;)

·
Registered
17 Posts
yep get rid of it all.. completely straight piped ;)... exactly how mine is only mines 5" all the way back to a 7" Tip.. but i also have Twin's .. still its straight piped..

·
Registered
2 Posts
I put an electronic cut out on my truck so with the flick of a switch my truck is straight piped and opens about 3 feet after my turbo. it isnt super expensive i think i did the whole thing for 175$. just an idea
QTP » Electric Exhaust Cutouts

·
Registered
161 Posts
I have a 4" mbrp on my 95- straight piped. sounds good except at 70 mph I get a drone in the cab that drives me crazy. It also drones anyspeed over 60 when towing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts