Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I searched. I just went up to the exhaust shop to get the cat and muffler cut off and a straight 4" pipe run in its place. He told me that a straight pipe wouldnt fit and that it needs a S-bend in it to fit cause the muffler is offset and he couldnt work with 4" pipe as his tools arent big enough. That I understand but It looks to me like the pipe from the cat to the muffler is at an upward angle so they should pretty much equal out and a straight pipe will work. Am I seeing things?

·
Registered
991 Posts
yeah, youve got it right. i just went to the local exhaust shop and bough 60" of 4" pipe and did it in my garage.

the pipes are offset, but with a little fancy work with a welder you can make them look pretty nice.

ill see if i can scavenge up some pics of my install.

·
Where's my sparkplugs????
1,046 Posts
Dunno how the 04.5 is setup but mine is a 4inch factory and wasn't a problem for them to do a muffler delete. Maybe this will help...

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I thought thats how it looked. Thanks guys. Ill go pick up some pipe and couplers. Time to break the MiG out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts