Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Mud Flaps - Splash Guards... 2019

9K views 33 replies 10 participants last post by  scj64 
#1 ·
Don't care what you call them. Where are they?

Just sent a pair of "guaranteed to fit 2019" back. They do not fit. Contact Husky, Weathertech and someone I forget to find out nothing is made. Nothing on Amazon or Ebay that I find after southing through the lies you read there. People even respond on filament and say thing fit. Think they like to see their comments in print.

Right now I have exhausted my searches for something made to fit my 2019 Crew Cab. 2018 its NOT an option. Now generic is if i wish to drill and just make slabs of rubber fit. Might come to that but for now, got any ideas?

Oh - same can be said for a hood bug deflector. Talked with AVS. Maybe something coming out by October.

#4 ·
That would be perfect for me. I read and checked on them and they are marked as NOT for the 2019 Ram 2500.

If you have any kind of model number or source I can research to check and/or order, I will do so literally right now. Sure appreciate the help. Think I need add the word, "again".

#6 ·
the box does say for up to 2018. i ordered through amazon and as we know, the vehicle application info is off.. the set of 4 flaps pn is 58176. front and rear pn is 5817 and 5715. hope that helps. just to clarify, i have a 2019 tradesman without any fender flares.

#7 ·
Mine is the same as yours. I am working to shoot in a 600 yard tourmament tomorrow but need to stop and get on this issue right now.

Amazon is a mess with application mistakes. That's how I ended up sending the set of RedHound flaps back just today. Talked with them and others who said they fit. On the phone today they said they know they do not fit. After you take off that small plastic cover with the two screws and those two clips over the bottom bolts, it looked ok. Only thing was that plastic fender liner is way fatter in a raised section and the flaps just were not going to line up. Otherwise, I would have drilled and made my own fasteners.
bmu2PE2xTrimGPGJcs8TPA by Larry Malinoski, on Flickr
You can see the difference in the recess for the liner. Much wider for 2019 but these have a much smaller recess. They supposedly are up to 2018 but Amazon tricks you as do people you ask. It might have worked had I done a "butcher job" cutting one of the other.

Phooey on that. Will get on the search right now. Thanks.

#9 ·
No.

That picture HAS the trim pieces off. That big hump in the middle is the back of the fender well.

I have been on the phone now twice with Husky. They are suggesting I send them pictures of my liner and underneath. They do not know of the two "studs" that hold that trim piece on at the bottom. Mine does NOT have a bottom screw. It has two "studs" that have that trim piece clipped into. Wondering if you have or had a bottom screw as shown in the directions. I do not.

Think it's possible Ram made a change during 2019 production?

Mine was built in July. Here's what is under the front that shows the two studs instead of a bottom screw. This is the bottom of my trim piece that is removed in the other picture. No screw but two bolts (studs) with a fixed gap that two plastic pieces on that trim slip over to hold the bottom. No screw. All that other plastic in the picture posted above is just the one-piece fender liner.

UwMhygsKTD+8BxRDYgN%FQ by Larry Malinoski, on Flickr

#12 ·
OK. That may explain it then. The RedHound ones are not made the same. Evidently your Husky ones either do not have a slot cut to fit that fat fender liner, mount below that fat thing, don't go over past it or something like that.

From the first picture you can see those were designed to be screwed into a hole you made in the fender flare back inside the wheel well.

Well you are making sense to me now. I will wait until Husky responds or at least sometime Monday and then order. Hate to order from Amazon with the clear warnings that they will not fit after returning the others that told me they would fit.

It's a crazy world and then you die. Think I'll have a beer. Thanks.***
Those pictures are with a thousand words. Get it now. The fender liner is really not a factor as they are below it.

#13 ·
right on. the instructions call out that the inner fender liner mount point is optional. i optioned to use
it. i did not option to use the extra hole at the top of the flap, as i didn't want to put a non factory
hole in the fender. instructions also call out that you do have to remove the factory trim piece.

keep the post updated once you finish your beer ;) and hear anything back from the oem for the '19's.
i'm interested to see what they say.

#14 ·
Will do.

Noticed that inner fender hole and the space for a drill at the top. I like to drill and play like that. Will wait until Monday for their response but expect to order immediately after that or, if they blow me off, order anyhow sometime Monday. Still waiting for the cap to be built. That will be a few more weeks. Then dealing with antenna mounts for CB and Ham radio. Another trouble spot there as the front hood is different. I do not like magnet or window mounts. Then there's the hood bug guard issue also.

On my second beer with a jar of nuts. Can't exactly follow your directions.

#20 ·
I can confirm these fit and are very easy to install - they are available for 2019's with or without fender flares. I bought mine through my local dealer with no issue. They are good quality heavy flexible rubber.

#16 ·
Would have to line one up and see if it does overlap that raised center piece in the liner.

They do look large and wide with many attachment points. There are generic flat pieces of tubber that can be drilled to fit the original holes. Only thing is that raised liner sure would make a gap behind the flap that could pack up with mud and other debris.

The problem seems to be just with the from tones. Back is probably the same as the previous models.

#18 ·
Went all through the information on the link. Might have missed it but sis not see 2019 listed. Now they just may be nice and I like the size. For front and rear they are around $200. Expensive buggers if you could figure out if they actually do fit.

Worth a call to them on Monday when they are open. Thanks.

#21 ·
The Husky flaps came. They fit. Maybe not perfectly but darn close so they are good.

Trick on drilling the liner for the inside screw is to do it in reverse. Rear wheels need a short 1/4 drive socket and one the twill hold a Phillips. Otherwise you you have to remove each rear wheel. Kind of a pain to figure things out, especially those stupid cover strips over the paint. I say "nuts" to them after wasting much time doing them.

#23 ·
In the rear is where I decided to drill through the support liners from the back. Came pretty close to the flap hole but it's all covered with the washer. Can't really span with that clip nut thing so just stuck it behind. Locked up tight. Used a speed socket to screw the things in behind the tire for clearance and better control than a stubby driver.

Those strips of 3M plastic were a joke to me. I tore them, stuck them, soaked and forgot which side was which but did get some of it behind each flap. Probably would have saved lots of time just forgetting the mess.

Thanks for the tip. They will be fine and others can learn that the Husky flaps fit, even though most retailers say they do not. Husky does so guess we should believe them.

#26 ·
I think the O/P mistakenly posted this in the C&C section. I purchased factory flaps for the front of our Laramie with factory fender flares and we really don't like them. I'd be much happier with molded splash guards rather than these large rubber flaps. I contacted weathertech and husky liners and they both said that the 4th gen ones will not work and they are a few months away from having a solution for the 19 trucks.

Attachments

Reactions: 10%more
#28 ·
Maybe they fit without factory fender flares but they responded to me that they will not fit my truck. This was from them 3 days ago.

Hello,

fenders of the 2019 are different and we are coming out with a new design. At this time we are 12 weeks out before shipping the new design.

Please if any further questions feel free to contact us .

Thank you.

Africa Campoy

Husky Liners

Customer Service Rep

800-344-8759

Reactions: 10%more
#31 ·
I just ordered a (2015/3500) set for custom offset and wider stance from Duraflap over the phone. They do also give member discounts. I don’t remember seeing the 2019s on their website, but don’t doubt they will be able to make whatever would work for your application.
(pic is not my truck)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.