Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys. First post here. Just picked up my 08 QQ 3500 this morning. Need to get a B&W gooseneck soon and some other stuff.

Wondering what you guys are using for mud flaps and floor liners? Thought about getting some nifty liners (think that was what they were called) and maybe some Husky flaps. Let me know what you run that looks decent, does the job, and won't kill the bank account.

Chris

·
hydraulic lifter crew
12,633 Posts
husky liners for the interior. cant beat a preformed liner.
i got the full set with the "across the entire rear floorboard" version.
they stay in place and catch EVERYTHING off of your shoes.
those are the only way to go imo.
as for the mud flaps, i dont run those.

·
Registered
707 Posts
I've got the Weathertech floor liners and they're REALLY nice, and are formed perfectly. I had Husky liners in my old Ford, and can say that they did not fit as well or look as nice as these Weathertechs. They're a bit more expensive, but worth it IMHO.

·
08 Cummins
2,244 Posts
I have the Weathertechs floor liners in my truck. I have the Khaki interior and they don't match quite as well as I would like but the fit and work very well. As far as mud flaps, I made mine out of 36x24 rubber truck mudflaps. I originally bought Duraflaps but they were chafing through the paint so I pulled them off and used them to make templates for my rubber one. It took some time to make the templates but they work very well. I probably need to add some weight to the bottom of them to help keep them from sailing but other than that I am happy with them.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys. Is the interior of the 08 the same as previous years (specifically for floor mats)?

·
Registered
1,333 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
I really don't like the Duraflaps at all. The mounting system is horrible and they are not custom molded to the truck. I sent mine back and bought the Husky mud flaps, much cheaper. Husky mud flaps are custom molded to the truck and have a nice mounting procedure. The Husky flaps are smaller but I like the looks and they work fine for the stock tires. Husky floor mats are great also. This is the second truck with Husky liners and they are great, nice fit.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
I really don't like the Duraflaps at all. The mounting system is horrible and they are not custom molded to the truck. I sent mine back and bought the Husky mud flaps, much cheaper. Husky mud flaps are custom molded to the truck and have a nice mounting procedure. The Husky flaps are smaller but I like the looks and they work fine for the stock tires. Husky floor mats are great also. This is the second truck with Husky liners and they are great, nice fit.
if you get the drilless model, they are super easy to install (5 minutes each maybe). your right though, they are much larger than the husky flaps. but i wanted that extra protection. also i have a dually, and the front duraflaps look much better than the smaller husky's would have with the large rear flaps that came on the truck.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I also have the Weathertech liners and think they are great. I went with the gray color in my khaki interior, looks a little better than the beige (tried both, long story). As far as flaps, I went with the molded OEM and they seem to do a good job and not too big.

·
Registered
600 Posts
I'm using the husky liners inside and just installed the Duraflaps on all four corners. I went with the drilless and was a bit disapointed that I had to drill extra holes. Only two on each flap lined up, and had to add three holes on the rear ones, being a dually. But I like how they look, and they hang down a lot more than the huskys I had on the front. My rear fenders are ate up with rock chips with the poor coverage of the huskys. I also went withe wider flaps for when I go up on the tire size soon. They are extremely stiff as well, which is good or bad depending on what you will normally be doing with your truck. I don't normally go off road, but I'm working out in Colorado this year, and just can't help myself to go out and explore this awsome country side, and have noticed that the sage brush sounds pretty harsh on them, especially when backing up, but it didn't seem to hurt them any, so I guess time will tell. They do look awesome though!!

·
Registered
176 Posts
You can get a nice polished stainless weights at truck stops for the front mudflaps on tractors.

I have the Weathertechs floor liners in my truck. I have the Khaki interior and they don't match quite as well as I would like but the fit and work very well. As far as mud flaps, I made mine out of 36x24 rubber truck mudflaps. I originally bought Duraflaps but they were chafing through the paint so I pulled them off and used them to make templates for my rubber one. It took some time to make the templates but they work very well. I probably need to add some weight to the bottom of them to help keep them from sailing but other than that I am happy with them.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I have the Huskies because I used them on my last truck and really liked them. Since then I've seen the weathertech liners and had I known what I do now I would have definitely purchased the weathertechs.
Weathertechs are a little more but fit and look much nicer. The weathertechs overlap the sill so they are self draining without removing the liner, or spilling into the interior.

Weathertech is the better liner, but I still like my huskies.

·
Registered
583 Posts
weathertech floor liners!! an old snomobile track makes awesome mudflaps! made them for my 99... totally custom baby.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Does anyone have any decent pics of the rear Husky or Duraflap mudflaps installed on a dually??

THNX!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts