Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats been you experiance with your set.

have you ever had a problem.if so what and how what was the out com?

i see alot of people run MPI kits. what was your decision to run them compared to wicked's set?

i am doing a comparison between the two because i see there is a $1k difference in the stocker/s400 kit

why is this?i have spoken with both mfgs. and both kits come with all parts needed except coolant return...$1k difference is alot if all i am buying is a name...

what boost numbers are you seeing with you stocker/s400 kit?
imput please...thanks
post anything you have to say!

·
Registered
660 Posts
Well once I get the money I am goin with Wicked Twisters standard set. Shane makes some quality peices and knows what he is doing. There is quite a price diff. in the two companies. In my opinion Shanes stuff is just as good if not better than MPI. But both are good quality it just comes down to who would YOU rather deal with.

·
Registered
543 Posts
MPI here! Very good reputation!

I would however look at something other than a stock turbo over X setup.

Every person I have talked to who went that way wished they had gone for an S300 on top.

·
2,246 Posts
It may be the 900+rwhp that he's making.
Good power....:thumbsup: The thread starter just might want a little more background as to why MPI was chosen and what the quality, fit and finish and overall experience has been so he can make and informed decision from someone with first hand knowledge.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Good power....:thumbsup: The thread starter just might want a little more background as to why MPI was chosen and what the quality, fit and finish and overall experience has been so he can make and informed decision from someone with first hand knowledge.
thank you. all info is great

·
A Couple Diesels
3,099 Posts
I believe MPI kit was out long before the Wicked kit.

The wicked kit looks like a copy of the MPI- IMHO
But this doesn't mean it is bad at all.

I dont think you can go wrong either way..........

And what do you mean no coolant return line?

·
A Couple Diesels
3,099 Posts
although for a fun daily driver stkr/s400:slap::hehe:

·
Registered
583 Posts
MPI here! Very good reputation!

I would however look at something other than a stock turbo over X setup.

Every person I have talked to who went that way wished they had gone for an S300 on top.
I love my stocker over S400.. Power is crazy.. Runs high 7s in the 8th. EGT peak at low 1400s. Boost is a 65psi. Got 30k miles on then beating the crap out of them.. I used the Stocker kit as a stepping stone.

Ive used Shaine for my fueling needs. He is great to deal with.. Nathan is here for you as well at MPI

·
Bubbles
1,233 Posts
I love my stocker over 3b. Just run an external gate and DP issues are solved.

·
Registered
128 Posts
What are talking HP wise and max boost with a stocker and s300 vs. a stoker and s400. Will there be a big difference in egt s300 vs s400?

1 - 20 of 115 Posts