Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to know what u guys are getting for mileage. If its very substantial then i will pry get a delete kit too, plus edge of course. Iv'e heard anywheres from 2 mpg increase all the way up to 8 mpg increase. please be honest. I drive mostly highway miles to.

·
Premium Member
1,406 Posts
Dude,

If was me I would not get the Juice without getting the DPF delete. With the mega cannon intake you have and the both of these also I would figure on 2-3 if not even more with you running mainly highway miles, if not towing... If towing and towing hard my 6.7 gets about 10-12mpg with a few days of 13 if wind and weather are easy on me...

Get the AX flash and make sure to get the recalibration flash at the same time, for the OHC. Then I would take the EGR off and delete that also. The EGR is the root of all evil on these 6.7's, much more than the DPF JIMO...

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
I think you will get a 1-2 MPG gain with the EDGE and DPF delete. Some get more but i would only plan on seeing 1-2.

·
Premium Member
306 Posts
Left Pennsylvania Thursday night en route to Florida. I81 to I77, I26 to I95.... 1100 mile trip.
10,000 mile on the truck at the start of this trip.
Edge is set to Level 5 and all low end response's are set to low.

Three people only luggage.
CALCULATED! (Paper is in the truck right now)
First Fill up 20.5 mpg (Cruise set to 67mph via GPS) 70mph on the speed-o.
Next, 21.67mpg
Next 20.5mpg
Last fill up was 18.8mpg (Cruising a bit faster ~75mph) also the air temp in South Carolina and Georgia were getting hotter(77 to 90).
Sun roof open and rear slider open.
Jacksonville, I had to close the windows and run the AC.

:thud: Quite a BIG difference with two parts missing under the truck and the EGR blocked!

Headed from Daytona to Orlando today. Temp was 90+ so we had to run the AC.
Running 55mph on Rt44 Over head was at 21.3(calculated will be ~19) once I got on I4 and set the cruise to 75mph... The beast hit 22 on the overhead once I got to Orlando so it with ~ 20mpg. I have 80 miles on the tank..... should last until we are on our return trip back thru Virgina I hope!

Now I didn't have to fill the tank each time.. just had to stop many times for bathroom breaks.:rof

Once I remove the stock downpipe with BADP's, should be a bit better?
I didn't want to putz with the truck prior to this trip. So only the delete kit is one(Particulate and Nox) been on since

This truck is unbelievable. 8000lbs(est) and get 20 mpg. :thumbsup

Good luck!
Keithstef

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just had my truck in the dealer yesterday for the G30 recall for a bad O2 sensor and a reflash, is this the AX flash u are talking about or what. they never mentioned anything about another flash...

·
Premium Member
1,406 Posts
If you just got a reflash, I am sure you got the AX on a 07 MY 6.7... I don't think many of the dealers techs have known about the OHC flash that recalulates the OHC for what I have been told is closer to right on the mpg readings...

I would just tell them to check for this as its available and they can download it for a reflash also...

·
Premium Member
306 Posts
I'll check when I get back into PA.
My VW Jetta, I'm able to get into a parameter and change to get it closer. I wish there was a VagCom Software for the Dodge!

I hope my dealer is cool with the mods and doesn't document anything!

Thanks
Keith

If you just got a reflash, I am sure you got the AX on a 07 MY 6.7... I don't think many of the dealers techs have known about the OHC flash that recalulates the OHC for what I have been told is closer to right on the mpg readings...

I would just tell them to check for this as its available and they can download it for a reflash also...

·
Premium Member
306 Posts
On the return trip from Florida to Pennsylvania:
Edge on 5 the whole trip:
300 miles from home, a check engine light came on: P061A - ETC Level 2 Torque.... ARGH!

I pulled over and cleared the code...

No AC, All highway driving
101.4miles, 4.62 gallons = 21.94mpg, Over head = 24.4:lol3:

No AC,All highway driving
213.6miles, 10.544 gallons = 20.25mpg, overhead 22.9:lol3:

Running the AC,All highway driving
594miles, 31.089 gallons = 19.10mpg, overhead =21.4mpg

Running the AC, Florida driving, back and forth to disney-hotel one trip to Tampa
421miles, 21.344 gallons = 19.72mpg overhead = 21.8mpg

·
Registered
723 Posts
thanks for the info! good to know

·
Premium Member
306 Posts
Average Speed was 75mph on the speedometer, GPS read ~72-73mph
A few blast to 91mph to get by a few idoits in the left lane playing games....:mad:

Yes, I used the cruise when possible...

What was your average speed? cruise control?

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
u had the edge on level 5 correct? wouldnt u get better mileage if u had it on like level 1 or 2??

·
Premium Member
306 Posts
A few trip to Ny I tried level 3 and had the low end responce at default.
Mileage was worst than stock. I drove it the same roads, ~ same speeds, ...

I called BDAP and Shane mentioned trying a higher level and to lower all the "Low end responce" to the lowest settings. Default was at 3!

After trying Level 5 and low end set to 1, I've left it there once I hit 20mpg+ trips!:thumbsup

I hope other guys try different settings so we can compare.

Thanks
Keith

u had the edge on level 5 correct? wouldnt u get better mileage if u had it on like level 1 or 2??

·
Registered
19 Posts
I got my 08 April 5th. Averaged 14.9 on 1st tank,the overhead said 15.1 When I was pulling
a trailer for part of a tank I figured 14.1 and the overhead said 14.3. I have seen 17.3 on the overhead already.I have the auto with 4.10s. I like the 4.10s better than the 3.73s. Except for long hiway driving I think they are a better combo. Just my opinion:)

·
Premium Member
306 Posts
Attached is the whole trip data.:thumbsup

3 people in the truck. Luggage, food, cooler...

·
Registered
90 Posts
Get the AX flash and make sure to get the recalibration flash at the same time, for the OHC.
You wouldn't happen to have the dealer code for the OHC flash ... should show up as a part number on your work order

Thanks

·
Premium Member
306 Posts
The BIG Thanks go to Shane, Lori and all at BDAP! :thumbsup

AND! Thanks Shibbyutman for the EGR plates and to everyones help with the EGR Sticky! This mod dropped intake temperatures drastically.:beer

Both mods work for me.:hyper:

Later
Keith

have been for a while...that is my average speed and my mpg is 14.9.

·
Registered
179 Posts
This morning I set my edge to level 5 and low end performance to lowest backed out of drive way with OHC reading 16.4 got to work about 6 miles away with and OHC read 16.8 left work for home and pull into my driveway with OHC read 17.0 this hasn't been hand calculated but is the highest my OHC has read for city driving

·
Registered
131 Posts
Just got back from a trip from Harrisburg, PA to Jacksonville N.C. and back (included a 500 mile loop from Jacksonville to Richmond and back in the middle of the trip) and got:
22.4mpg 1st tank, 21.1mpg 2nd tank, and 22.1mpg 3rd tank all hand calculated. Best mileage on the first tank was with MP9 @ 100%, Edge @ Level 4, and cruise set at speed limit. The other two tanks were using the same settings for the MP9 and Edge, but running over the speed limit generally as I normally drive. Was just me in the truck with about a 500# Bed Box and 300# on back seat. Quite happy with this setup. I generally average around 17.8 to 18.5 around town.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts