Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Truck Is Averaging 13.5-14 Mpg. I Live In New England, I Know About The Winter Fuel Blend, Which Can Lower Mpg. Truck Has 14k On It, Just Bought Fleetguard Fuel Filter. Should I Change Filter Sooner? Can Dirty Fuel Filter Affect Mpg By Maybe 2-3 Miles Per Gallon? Someone Mentioned Getting A Flash Update, Dealer Wants $88 Just To Connect To Ecm! Is It Worth It? Anyone Have The Same Year Truck With Any Possible Recalls?

·
Premium Member
5,382 Posts
What gears do you have in the rear end?

Is that MPG City? Highway? Hand calculated?

Fuel filter restricting flow could rob you of power; meaning you'd burn less fuel.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Truck Has 3.73 Rear. The Mpg Is For Combined Highway/city. Towing A 3,500 Lb. Trailer, 11.5 Mpg. So A Dirty Fuel Filter Doesn't Affect Mpg?

·
Registered
287 Posts
:welcome:

Good to have a N.E. guy!! I grew up in N.H....

That is about what mine was getting this winter here on the winter blend, best I could squeeze was about 15.5-16, but 13-14 was way more common. Longer idle times, less BTU's from the fuel, etc.

With the mods I've added, I'm getting about 16-17 on winter fuel now. With the switch to summer fuel, you should see a good 2-4 MPG jump, from what I've seen consistently on mine.

I'm hoping for the promised land of 20 when they switch!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts