Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

MPG with XRT and Smarty?

693 11
Hows everyones mileage doing with these new tuners?

Please post your hand calculated mpg.

I heard all the hype about eliminating the 4th injection and would love to know some results.

I have a trip to Florida coming up(same as last year).
The only things I did different from last year is I removed the down pipe cat and replaced the differential fluid with Synthetic. Last year I averaged 20mpg for the 2000 miles.

Yes everyone is enjoying the added power, please taker easy and see what can be squeaked out of these beast!:headbang:
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
35 Posts
I've had 2 tanks hand calc 19.4 mpg and 18.7mpg both with some boat towing and back and forth to work. Pure hiway is 20+ I'm sure. I'm running the 60 hp tune.

G

·
I just did a flat highway 160 miles.23.7. Last tank was around 18, all Local.

With all the other crap I have on the truck, I am not surprised. I had done better before. But winter fuel and not ideal driving conditions today

· Registered
132 Posts
I got 19.3 hand calculated on my first tank. All deleted running SW1. Although, I think I got scammed at the fuel station. I was charged for 37.05 gallons of fuel! Maybe this is the reason the station is .15 cents cheaper than anyone around!

· Registered
323 Posts
With a calibrated speedo, (i feel this is important) I've gotten 16.5 mpg hand calculated, 75% in town, 25% state highway. (Best in town mileage i've ever gotten), i'm going around 515-540 miles on a tank now, where before it was more like 430-475.

H&S XRT 60hp.

· Registered
1,054 Posts
I made a 160mile interstate trip to the Everglades a few weeks back. I filled up prior to leaving the night before. I then made a quick 10mile round trip into town then came home and slept. Woke up bright and early and hopped on I-75 and put the truck on cruise at 68mph. Got to my location with no stops and went to the nearest diesel station (surprisingly, not that many down there). Filled up and it came to 22.1. Was very pleased.

· Premium Member
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Great info keep the mileage result coming. Please add your tuners setting if possible.
Thanks
Keithstef

G

·
I made a 160mile interstate trip to the Everglades a few weeks back. I filled up prior to leaving the night before. I then made a quick 10mile round trip into town then came home and slept. Woke up bright and early and hopped on I-75 and put the truck on cruise at 68mph. Got to my location with no stops and went to the nearest diesel station (surprisingly, not that many down there). Filled up and it came to 22.1. Was very pleased.
Jon Has an 08 Automatic. He was on the 120 XRT then. He's now on the 175. He needs to do it again.

Jon. . .Next time turn the boat in the bed over. :hehe:

· Registered
1,054 Posts
Jon Has an 08 Automatic. He was on the 120 XRT then. He's now on the 175. He needs to do it again.

Jon. . .Next time turn the boat in the bed over. :hehe:
Ahh i knew I got it mixed up. I drove the 150mile trip to FT MYERS with the 22.1mpg. The EVERGLADES was not as good due to the 13ft john boat in the bed of my truck. THANKS STEVE. lol. for once, its the young guy who gets confused and mixed up.
:yourock:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.