Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

mp8

1990 Views 32 Replies 13 Participants Last post by  Devon E
ok guys hear you talk about an mp8 alot like to stack it with my smarty revo could you explain what an mp8 is to me tho:thumbsup
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

· Registered
2,289 Posts
MP-8 is a pressure box. Very adjustable in the cab from 0-100%. Not sure what the max pressure increase is. I don't have one but I hear they work well.

Randy

· Registered
383 Posts
smarty revo makes the addition of an mp-8 box pretty much useless as rail pressure is already ramped up in the smarty tunes and the "user adjust" menu on the smarty allows you to crank the rail pressure up as high as the stock injection system can handle; recommended only for a temporary time of course =)

· Registered
1,489 Posts
smarty revo makes the addition of an mp-8 box pretty much useless as rail pressure is already ramped up in the smarty tunes and the "user adjust" menu on the smarty allows you to crank the rail pressure up as high as the stock injection system can handle; recommended only for a temporary time of course =)
mp-8 is still nice to have because its adjustable on the fly.... its a pain to always be reprograming.....

· Registered
474 Posts
would you benifit from a tst smarty stack rather then a smarty mp8 stack then??

· Premium Member
4,825 Posts
would you benifit from a tst smarty stack rather then a smarty mp8 stack then??
You could get more duration out of a TST/Smarty stack and about a year or two ago that was the dominate stack but now people have seemed to moved more to the smarty/pressure box stack since the smarty has evolved a bit.

· Registered
474 Posts
but if the smarty does pressure there wouldn't be any need for an mp8?? right?

· Registered
474 Posts
so you would advise a pressure box? Would it smoke more?

· Premium Member
4,825 Posts
so you would advise a pressure box? Would it smoke more?
My Ramifier, the old MP8, does make my juice smoke more...when I want it too. I really helped my mpgs. I got about a 1.5 mpg bump from my pressure box. Now the smarty will smoke a lot on its own so I don't know if you will see a huge difference in smoke with a pressure box but I am sure between some good pressure, which leads to better atomization, and the smarty's legendary timing it would help fuel economy.

· Registered
474 Posts
my smarty doesn't smoke much on my truck at all my diablosport did a lot more and I had a tst stacked and it was awsome but I don't know if I would benifit more from an mp8 bc I hear a lot of people stacking those

· SUPER MODERATOR
1,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i coudnt imagine stacking anythin with a diablo pred my egts were maxed with just that on performance mode thats why i went to the smarty 250 degree reduction in egt with it on the 150 horse setting

· Registered
2,289 Posts
The main benefit of the mp-8 is the in cab adjustability. You can run the Smarty on a lower setting and turn up the pressure if you feel the need.......

I used to have an EZ. On my 03 it made my cruise surge really bad. I sold it and got a Puck because I can turn it off inside the cab when I don't want to use it.

Randy

· SootCloudMaker3
5,432 Posts
So if im running the REVO on my Smarty would yall recommend the timing on Smarty to be "Default" and Rail Pressure to be "4" and use the even numbers when stacking with MP-8?

· Registered
2,289 Posts
The default setting allows timing on the odds and no timing on the evens. That's what I run just to keep it straight in my head.
I run my rp on #2. And if I want more pressure, I turn on the puck.

I wouldn't run the rp on #4 all of the time. According to Bob, that's way too much pressure for daily driving.

The mp-8 is pressure only. You can run it on any Smarty setting. You just have to coordinate it with your rp setting.

Randy

· SootCloudMaker3
5,432 Posts
I thought MP-8 was a timing box.

· Skrew- EPA CARB OPEC PETA
1,563 Posts
1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.