Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

mp8 question

652 8
i have a question i ran my buddies mp8 couple monthes ago and loved the way my truck ran it just felt alot smoother now my question is trufuly the mp8 will knock some life off the injectors correct? or does it just ramp up rail pressure at certain times? any info would be great but with a blown motor due to an injector failer im a little gun shy on rail pressure boxes thanks guys
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
323 Posts
i am also looking at getting a mp8 and would like to know what people have to say about them and will it work well with my set up

· Registered
1,085 Posts
Pressure wont ruin your injectors. Contaminated Fuel is what does it.

· Premium Member
3,778 Posts
I just bought an MP-8 but haven't tried it yet. I've been running the Edge EZ for a couple of years on the stock injectors with no problems. I usually keep it on level 1 for daily driving, level 2 occasionally for playing around, and level 3 for the dyno.

I plan on using the mp-8 in a similar way, but I'm not gonna install it until I have fuel and rail pressure gauges installed so I know what's going on.

· Registered
185 Posts
i read on the ts site and it says that its doesnt spike pressures over what a stock setup is it just changes timing and some othere variables

· Bubbles
1,189 Posts
The spikes that Im refering to are from getting in and out of the throttle. Every time you quickly get off the throttle pressure between the cp3 and injectors spikes as it has no where else to go until it reaches 27k and the relief valve opens.

· Registered
1,209 Posts
I just bought an MP-8 but haven't tried it yet. I've been running the Edge EZ for a couple of years on the stock injectors with no problems. I usually keep it on level 1 for daily driving, level 2 occasionally for playing around, and level 3 for the dyno.

I plan on using the mp-8 in a similar way, but I'm not gonna install it until I have fuel and rail pressure gauges installed so I know what's going on.
Smart! I highly recomend the rail gauge so you can dial in the mp-8 perfectly and the fuel psi so your not starving your cp3

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.