Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

MP8 Finally Stacked on!!!

2374 Views 32 Replies 11 Participants Last post by  GButia
Guys,

I just got my MP8 installed, stacked with the Juice... So, now we can see if this combo with all the other goodies on my 6.7 will act like while towing!!!

This should be interesting, I wish I had some idea of where to set the Juice w/attitude and where to adjust the MP8 now for best fuel mileage, so if any of you guys have a suggestion as to where to set them all up; please let me know???
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

· Registered
2,285 Posts
Guys,

I just got my MP8 installed, stacked with the Juice... So, now we can see if this combo with all the other goodies on my 6.7 will act like while towing!!!

This should be interesting, I wish I had some idea of where to set the Juice w/attitude and where to adjust the MP8 now for best fuel mileage, so if any of you guys have a suggestion as to where to set them all up; please let me know???
So can you tell a diference from the ole seat of pants meter?

· Banned
706 Posts
Is running 100% on mp8 with 18,300 lb trailer behind you bad?

· Premium Member
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
MH,

Yes the seat of the pants told me I had better be nice or I would be in the ol'e tranny!!! It has all the signs that with the trailer in tow, I could flat out smoke the tranny in no time at all, if you just stand on her and let her all hang out and eat. We are talking way nasty dude. I look forward to checking this all out further and running around with just the truck by itself.

Nick,

I will give the 3 on the juice a try with the MP8 on 75% dude, thanks... Where do you run your low end response by the way???

· Registered
111 Posts
The best setting on my truck is Edge level5 with lowest setting on low end and the mp-8 set at 60%. Checked all settings at 10% intervals and this gave me the best "Hand Checked" mpg's.

· Premium Member
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
BP,

Cool Cool dude, thanks. I got to hit the rack as 2:00am comes pretty quick for my tomorrow LOL...
Laterz

· Washington Chapter Vice President
5,035 Posts
I run mine on 6 and 100% all the time everyday pulling anything. I get the best mileage that way if i can keep from rolling coal all the time. Seeing it come out of the Stacks if great! LOL!

· Registered
2,285 Posts
MH,

Yes the seat of the pants told me I had better be nice or I would be in the ol'e tranny!!! It has all the signs that with the trailer in tow, I could flat out smoke the tranny in no time at all, if you just stand on her and let her all hang out and eat. We are talking way nasty dude. I look forward to checking this all out further and running around with just the truck by itself.
Sounds sweet!

· Braaap, Braaap, BOOM!!!
6,917 Posts
I get my best mileage with the edge on 6 low end responsivness highest, MP-8 on 80% and pup on tow.

· Premium Member
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
OK, the report on how it tows, well it runs great and doesn't matter how I set things either LOL... I usually see the OHC since I had it reflashed to get that more to right or at least closer, run around 11.7 to 12 MPG and reguardless of how I set the Juice... Now with the MP8 stacked I had it right off this morning early sting 15.7 then later in the day after getting loaded it kept on coming up as I tried two different setting, watching the OHC as well as the fuel guage, which neither are to be like scribed in stone LOL, the OHC went on above 16.0 MPG!!! It was like OMG could this be true, finally???

Not on your life guys, the truck still used the same amount of fuel it always does, its like well what the heck and how the heck can this be??? The stack of these, make the house power without any doubt. I can change things and they actually do affect the performance. They also make the OHC look really impressive, but the actual fuel consumption is basically the damn same...

So, my questions for some of you guys running the same stacked stuff as I, you guys seen this sort of action??? Maybe I have not found the sweet spot of the best mileage??? I would sure like to find the right setup for this rig to get better mileage, but admit right here and now, if its as good as she is going to do; that is cool and only because of how freakin' well the 6.7 runs now...

Just seems to me that something ain't quite right with all this, maybe its the towing of the GN throwing the setup way off and when it actually gets the same mileage??? Heck if I know, so I am looking for you guys thoughts on this please???

I dropped the trailer and left to fill up the truck, now this truck runs likew a raped ape guys... Thottle response has been improved 10 fold, which is killer if you ask me. So what do you guys think???

· Registered
613 Posts
I just installed my mp 8, but it doesnt say how to ajust it, I have ye silver knob, which way I turn to go from 0 to 100%? Turn right give more juice, or left?

:popcorn:

· Premium Member
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Dude, clockwise turning of the silver knob increases the power

· Registered
2,331 Posts
i was hoping for a change Jeb with the flashpaq, only thing is my overhead stayed the same along with my hand calculations and miles per fill up. Still 8-9 mpg fully load. Bout to purchase a 4 car stacker trailer and hopefully it dont get worse mpg then im already getting. Adding the 4th car up in the air like it is does me no good whatz so ever.

· Registered
2,331 Posts
Jeb H

How many miles do you have on it? These trucks don't even think about loosening up until 40k! And mine was really bad before I hit 14k and it is getting better but not good!
U can put almost another 0 after that 40k the way he drives:lol3:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.