Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

MP-8 with stock CP3

1959 Views 30 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  megacummins3288
ok guys i just posted a thread fri. about goin to the track. i want more now. i went a 13.80 @97.99. Will an MP-8 get me to 13.4's or faster with a stock CP-3 and what setting should it be ran on and also does it add timing or not? TS's website is confusing. here is there exact words
Question: Is the MP-8 a timing box?Answer: No it is not, however with the ability to reprogram the map sensor we can add injection timing to fit the consumers application:confused013:
what is the deal with that??? am i running timing with my smarty or not? thanks in advance guys
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· Premium Member
19,670 Posts
Do you have a rail pressure gauge? Which software and catcher are you running with your Smarty?
And the MP-8 is only pressure, what they are telling you is they can alter it for timing if you so choose.

· Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you have a rail pressure gauge? Which software and catcher are you running with your Smarty?
And the MP-8 is only pressure, what they are telling you is they can alter it for timing if you so choose.
lol no rail pressure guage.:doh: and i am running the revo and i am running SW9. at the track i ran the RP on 3 also. what benefit is the MP8 giving me over the smarty RP?

· Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would try TNT first
even with out a cp3? wont i get rail pop or hurt the cp3. and how long will the cp3 last? o also how much does an MP8 cost form TS performance?

· Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
rail pop is on the 03-04 models i ran tnt for a while on my truck it ran way better than revo...
ok i will give that i try is SW9 ok to run without problems?

· Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
sw9 fuels too hard unless you roll into the throttle, i would rum sw 7 default timing rp 2 trq 4
can u give me a break down of of exacty to download the TNT software off the Mads website please

· Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
are you running a converter lockup switch?
i have a stage 6 ATS trans so i have the Co-Piolt which locks up at 18MPH lol but im comp. handy capped and if possible would like a step by step on how to down load the TNT off the Mads website

· Registered
711 Posts

· Registered
1,420 Posts
In your sig. it looks like your already running an mp-8 or were you getting ahead of yourself?

· Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
In your sig. it looks like your already running an mp-8 or were you getting ahead of yourself?
i am getting ahead of myself lol the mp-8 is in the soon tba
(soon to be added) lol but i was wondering if the mp-8 will get me in to the low 13's with whats in my sig prior to the soon tba or if i can or should do the TNT update OR do both mp-8 and TNT. what do you think is should do with a stock cp3 and turbo?

· Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
first try the tnt program and see how that does for you..then add the mp8 then i would look into the rest of the package like cp3 and twins,....
ok i will. with stock turbo sticks and sp3 with the TNT on SW7 do you think my egts will get out of control. and what if i add the mp-8 will they get out of hand then ????

· Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
anyone at all???? im tryin to get to the track by the end of this week so just wonder if my stock turbo will hold to TNT/mp-8??

· Wyoming BAMF
1,692 Posts
It shouldn't get too bad. My buddy could get his to 1500 by the end of the 1/4 but as long as its not that way for too long you should be ok, but u could also risk blowin your turbo...

· Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
It shouldn't get too bad. My buddy could get his to 1500 by the end of the 1/4 but as long as its not that way for too long you should be ok, but u could also risk blowin your turbo...
what kinda boost was he runnin by the end of the track?? i was holding a steady 40PSI runnin through the traps lol but i deff dont want to run that risk at all

· Wyoming BAMF
1,692 Posts
I cant remember I believe it was upper 30s. For a few passes you should be fine especially if you let it cool down properly before shutting it off. What twins are you planning on running? Since you are lookin at wicked diesel for their cp3 you outta look at their stocker s400 setup....

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.