Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What can I safely stack with my MP-8---I cannot delete the DPF---New York is crazy about emmisions.I do not sit in traffic ...My commute is 6 miles and I do not believe that my truck has ever gone into REGEN after 4100 miles?????I may not have known it though.This truck runs strong and I have never had a cel or any light.I do not want the Edge

Thanks As always Bill

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
No Edge

I forgot----I do not want the edge----There is to much work involved if I have to go to the dealer.

Again THANKS---Bill

·
Registered
313 Posts
im stacking it with the bully dog. it makes hole lot of power and smoke when they are both on high , but there is a timming rattle at idle.

·
Premium Member
2,623 Posts
I would not stack anything with your MP-8 if you are keeping your DPF. You will be in regen a lot if you do.

However if you are set on stacking I would use the Superchips Flashpaq or the Bully Dog Power Pup if you do not want the Juice.

·
Premium Member
1,912 Posts
edge is better to see when you are in regen. You are in regen more then you think! It is crazy! but get what you want! They all are good power adders!

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
The edge is really not that much more difficult then the MP-8 is to install. Actually easier. It will also tell you when you are in Regen. But as K2 said. I would not Stack if i had the DPF in place. You are just going to soot it up faster and put it in regen more often.

·
Premium Member
2,537 Posts
running the levels higher means more fuel and you wont be able to burn it all off, and it will cause the dpf to have to regen more to burn it off

·
Premium Member
2,623 Posts
Meyer nailed it. It's just too much fueling.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Compcowboy Meyer K2

Hey Men

Thanks for your response...Is REGEN a bad thing ? It seems to me that if that is the purpose of the DPF...Why not take atvantage of it ?...Am I missing something ?

Bill

·
Premium Member
2,537 Posts
the more regens the less mileage, the only thing dpf does is keep emissions low. The best bet is to delete the dpf or make sure the stack you choose is a cleaner tune

·
Premium Member
2,623 Posts
Correct, you won't hurt the truck but your mileage will be drastically reduced with the almost constant regen cycles.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Would a bully dog power pup or the mp-8 by themselves (not stacked) cause a lot more regen cycles? Also, would deactivating the EGR hurt anything or cause more regen? Thanks.

Brandt

2008 Megacab 6.7L, auto, stock, 35 inch Toyo M/T, still have the DPF and EGR

·
Premium Member
2,537 Posts
The ts and bullydog will increase regens if you are driving it harder to produce more smoke. They can help mileage if you drive correct, many have seen improvements. Im not 100% on egr but i think you are fine deactivatings it but i think it might throw a code

·
Premium Member
2,623 Posts
You have to delete the DPF before you delete the EGR. Deleting the EGR will throw a soft code just like deleting the DPF.

·
Registered
35 Posts
So you cannot delete the EGR and keep the DPF? I don't understand why??

·
Registered
114 Posts
Because if you remove the EGR your motor connot recycle exhaust gasses therefore it will not be able to get the temps hott enought to clean the dpf.

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
removing the EGR and not the DPF will not allow the Regens to happen correctly. The EGR helps remove the NOx. Also you will not get the heat needed to complete the Regens.

You can run a single chip fine with the DPF. You will not cause more regens if you drive normal. The more you mash the throttle the more soot you make. During Regen Fuel is injected into the exhaust stroke of the engine causing the poor mileage.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts