Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Men....What setting do you guys run your MP-8 for MPG ?

Thanks Bill

·
Registered
15 Posts
Same here, all the way! It seems if you turn it down, you dont get as well.

·
Premium Member
2,627 Posts
i am getting 17-19 with 1200miles on the motor...so with mp-8 anyone think i could get 19-20?
Most people are seeing a 2mpg gain from the MP-8. Your mileage is great-are those highway numbers?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Most people are seeing a 2mpg gain from the MP-8. Your mileage is great-are those highway numbers?
17 is city...and trust me i am babying the truck everywhere...18.5-19.7 is my average on highway...well highway for me is just the normal roads because i live in a small town where we just got our second stoplight

lots of long county roads

when hand calculated its basically 18

·
Registered
179 Posts
my truck was getting those kind of numbers when it was first new but after the second tank they dropped like a rock. whats up with that, I think I've seen other people have those circumstances on here.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Sorry for the Hi-jack......
I am getting the mp-8 soon any install tips?

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,059 Posts
be patient with getting the connector off the back of the fuel rail. It takes a little effort to figure out. Once the tab is clicked you can just push it off most times. Also dont lose parts out of the Relief valve when you take it apart. BE CAREFUL!

·
Registered
475 Posts
my truck was getting those kind of numbers when it was first new but after the second tank they dropped like a rock. whats up with that, I think I've seen other people have those circumstances on here.
Your first regen will drop your avg mpg from around 18 to 14.5 almost everytime

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
I got 126,000 miles on my 6.7L. I get about 13.5-15 mpg. I want to chip it. What is the best chip for my application. I use it on a daily basis for hauling across the country. I have an 07' 5.9 and I get much better mpg with it. I know I can install a Dynatrac kit on the front that will gain me 2mpg but what is the best chip. I want something with gauges as well since the cost of gauges by themself is about the same cost of a chip w/gauges built in

1 - 11 of 11 Posts