Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got a chance to get the MP-8 on the truck and am pretty impressed with the added power. However, I am having trouble figuring out how to get the best mileage possible. If yall can share what works for you setting wise that would be great.

Zach

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
i am also interested , several people have said that stacking the mp8 with smarty jr gives the max fuel milage of any single or combo

·
Registered
25 Posts
Im running the MP-8 on its own. I have it set around 80% and it gained about 3 MPG

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I was sitting right at 26 on the lie-o-meter with the BD set on Performance. Hand calculated it heads about 3-4 high. With the MP-8 I can't get it above 25.5, even with the BD on the economy setting. I guess it will just take some getting used to to figure it out. However, with the BD on Crazy Larry and the MP-8 all the way up, I did drain the rail. Scared the hell out of me until I realized what it was when it died... Time for new lift pump and CP3 mod.

Zach

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
I wouldnt be cranking those things up to high on stock injectors, youll crack them (by the way this is second hand experience)

·
Premium Member
5,818 Posts
I wouldnt be cranking those things up to high on stock injectors, youll crack them (by the way this is second hand experience)
Don't think you need to worry about too much pressure with an MP-8, it's not going to command much more rail pressure than your already getting when street driving with Smarty and Smarty JR.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Don't think you need to worry about too much pressure with an MP-8, it's not going to command much more rail pressure than your already getting when street driving with Smarty and Smarty JR.

Are you saying the MP-8 is not needed with the smarty jr?

·
Premium Member
5,818 Posts
Street Driving it is not making too much rail pressure. Just because it is deemed a "pressure box" by most standards does not mean it is only added pressure. We stack Smarty and MP--8 Regularly and feel that it is a GREAT STack.

Copy

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Huh, the regular Smarty and Smarty Jr. programs dont add pressure

1 - 11 of 11 Posts