Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive been debating between those two chips and dont know what one to install, what do u guys think? im lookin for some good MPGs outa my truck

·
Banned
5,596 Posts
MP-8 is a pressure adding box and Superchips is a timing/duration tuner. How did you come up with two completely different power adders?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I see everyone has a MP-8 and ive read good things about them, good power and fuel economy, and the superchips seems the best "bang for the buck" especially when it comes getting a little more power out of a truck and mpgs.

·
Banned
5,596 Posts
I have the MP-8 but in all honesty I would recommend the Superchips for you as it gives you way more options and is probably more safe.

·
Registered
591 Posts
I have both and I'd have to say the MP-8. Great power through shifts and the engine runs smoother. As mentioned above, it's the more risky option though. The SC power is great too, but in my case the hardware failed for no reason, and the customer service to get it fixed was completely indifferent. The product is good but the company sucks. So that's the risk on that side.

·
Registered
164 Posts
get both:)

·
Registered
591 Posts
:ditto: Haha, my bad for neglecting to state the obvious :lol4:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Originally had the superchips on mine, worked great just did not like the non adjustablity on the fly. I currently run the bullydog pmt and I am going to ad the mp-8 in the near future. gave up a lot in mpgs with bullydog though

·
Registered
650 Posts
thinking of runining both myself...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts