Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my 6.7L about 3 weeks ago. I can't seem to get parts here quick enough to get it modded to my likes. I have a BADP dpf delete on the way, KORE chase sitting in my garage, and I just ordered the MP-8 today.

Has anyone run one on a truck without the dpf delete? any issues?

I fully plan on deleting the DPF as soon as it arives, but I know they are like a month out. I hate to have to wait that long until I can add some power. Think I'll have any issues running the mp-8 on an otherwise stock truck?

My buildup plan is to add the mp-8 when it arrives, afe intake, dpf delete, EGR delete, then edge/attitude last. Sound like a decent plan?

in between all that need to get the Kore kit installed, the bed cover, line-x....damn I hate starting over!

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
Just got my 6.7L about 3 weeks ago. I can't seem to get parts here quick enough to get it modded to my likes. I have a BADP dpf delete on the way, KORE chase sitting in my garage, and I just ordered the MP-8 today.

Has anyone run one on a truck without the dpf delete? any issues?

I fully plan on deleting the DPF as soon as it arives, but I know they are like a month out. I hate to have to wait that long until I can add some power. Think I'll have any issues running the mp-8 on an otherwise stock truck?

My buildup plan is to add the mp-8 when it arrives, afe intake, dpf delete, EGR delete, then edge/attitude last. Sound like a decent plan?

in between all that need to get the Kore kit installed, the bed cover, line-x....damn I hate starting over!

You'll be just fine running your MP-8:thumbsup

That is also a good plan of action for your truck.

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
Plan sounds good to me. I may have gone edge first for the monitor but i doubt the MP-8 will over do anything.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I'm doing something like that, except waiting for a code free EGR delete, and doing the edge first, might just end up using the bully dog instead of the MP-8. Which do you guys think would be best to use? bully dog or MP-8?

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
I'm doing something like that, except waiting for a code free EGR delete, and doing the edge first, might just end up using the bully dog instead of the MP-8. Which do you guys think would be best to use? bully dog or MP-8?
If your goal is for big hp, than I would go with the Bully Bog PMT over the Juice:thumbsup

·
Registered
289 Posts
My goal isn't big HP, its just that I already have the powerpup, and would rather use it then try to sell it and get the mp-8, unless I'm screwing myself out of some performance(Mostly mileage while pulling)

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
My goal isn't big HP, its just that I already have the powerpup, and would rather use it then try to sell it and get the mp-8, unless I'm screwing myself out of some performance(Mostly mileage while pulling)
If you already have the power pup, I would stick with it. Do some trial runs after you get your DPF delete installed and see how you like it. No sense in spending money you don't have to:thumbsup

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the replies guys. As for over doing anything, I do have gauges already, So I'll keep an eye on everything with those for the time being.

And yes, I am after the big HP! I would totally be open to the Bully Dog PMT. What is the power difference between that and edge? I actually have the triple dog from my 06 sitting here on my desk, BD told me on the phone within the month they should have the 6.7L tune available for the triple dog, so I may try stacking that with the mp-8, but I sure do like the idea of the protection built into the edge and pmt, defueling, etc.

I'll keep you guys posted as parts arrive and I get them installed. Thanks Again!

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
Thanks for the replies guys. As for over doing anything, I do have gauges already, So I'll keep an eye on everything with those for the time being.

And yes, I am after the big HP! I would totally be open to the Bully Dog PMT. What is the power difference between that and edge? I actually have the triple dog from my 06 sitting here on my desk, BD told me on the phone within the month they should have the 6.7L tune available for the triple dog, so I may try stacking that with the mp-8, but I sure do like the idea of the protection built into the edge and pmt, defueling, etc.

I'll keep you guys posted as parts arrive and I get them installed. Thanks Again!

Right now it is at 120-130hp for the PMT vs 100hp for the 'Hot" version of the Juice. There are some custom big hp tunes that are coming for the PMT-180hp and up:thumbsup

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Right now it is at 120-130hp for the PMT vs 100hp for the 'Hot" version of the Juice. There are some custom big hp tunes that are coming for the PMT-180hp and up:thumbsup
Alright I'm sold. I was very happy with my Triple Dog on my last ram, so I'm sure I'd be happy with the PMT as well.
I'll be hitting you up soon K2 to order the AFE intake, the PMT will be farther down the road once I get all my other toys installed. Shoot me a PM if you have any sales sooner, that may force e to order it quicker :thumbsup

Are you running the PMT n your truck? if so How do you like it? I am hoping once I get some downloaders the turbo spools alot quicker, my 06 5.9 w/ the triple on performance, a straight pipe, and AFE would run circles around my 6.7 as it sits...so hopefully with all the perf mods, the 6.7 runs much stronger than my old 5.9.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts