Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i installed my mp-8 today,and now my edge is telling me that the fuel rail pressure is to low. Althought the turbo has increased 6 psi. It is almost like my truck has half power. Does anyone have any suggestions on what could be wrong? i have the egr delete too

·
Registered
331 Posts
Make certain that the plug in the back of the rail is snapped in. Are you sure you did the valve shimming correct? I would say 80 percent of the problems with the MP-8 are the plug in the back of the rail. If you can wiggle it off then it is not seated correctly.

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
Something is likely not right with the install. Check to make sure the Shimming was done right and nothing is missing. Also recheck the connections and that you didnt bump anything else loose.

·
Braaap, Braaap, BOOM!!!
6,126 Posts
Also make sure your fuel release plug is nice and tight in the fuel rail. If it is loose you will get a code and you will not get full fuel rail pressure. Even a quarter turn loose on the fuel release valve will give you grief.

·
Registered
69 Posts
installed the mp8 wednesday and today i was pulling about 20,000 lbs and after about 100 miles my truck shot a cel..i checked the code and it was a p1011 and that is supposed to be the "fuel pressure too low" code..after about 400 miles the cel is still on although no loss of power and everything still works good..any thoughts on this?

·
Premium Member
1,912 Posts
try turning the key on and wait to start. The engine light will flash 10 times. Then the truck will rest it shelf may be not right a way but it will.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i checked the plug in the front and it is plenty tight.... but the conector i am sure is tight but i can not be sure, does anyone have an idea how to check it? it feels tight though

·
Registered
95 Posts
i checked the plug in the front and it is plenty tight.... but the conector i am sure is tight but i can not be sure, does anyone have an idea how to check it? it feels tight though
If you can wiggle it off its not tight. I thought mine was on but after wiggling for about ten seconds it came off. Put some dielectric grease on it and wiggled for about 30 seconds and it didn't seem to budge. So I think its on their now.

John

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i wiggleed it and tryd to pullit off, and nothing it wont budge. all the connections are secure, and the plug is tight and i am positive the shim is correct i triple checked the work. my truck just feels like a slkug and it is only getting 2500 rpm, til it feels like redlining. so the only thing could be is the actuyall mp-8 itself right?

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
You may have gotten a bad box if everything else seems to be right. I would call TS Performance and I am sure they will walk you through a solution.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts