Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
having problems getting the valve off the front of the fuel rail...

i got the air horn moved forward but there is no room for a socket to fit...

i have a socket wrench but this thing is on like a mutha.... not movin

·
Registered
602 Posts
I had the same trouble. It took an impact wrench. We tried cheater bars and everything for about 2 hours and then finally got out the impact wrench. Used two tanks of air but we got it off.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i am using an impact wrench now at 120psi and damn thing still will not move!!! argh... :mad:

got the fuel rail plug off in like 10 seconds tho.. lol.... push down the clip with left hand and use flat screwdriver with right and push back... easy...

·
Registered
602 Posts
The plug is easy and the thing to do if you're just doing the MP-8. If you plan to stack then you should do the shims. But we were running 125 psi on an impact rated for 1000 ft/lbs in reverse and we used about 5 gallons of air. Some must have loc-tite or something because it was hell to get off. They're only supposed to be torqued to 50 ft/lbs from the factory lol.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok i got it off easy by using the 2 wrench leverage idea... nice...

however now the supplied nut to thread the valve is not the right coarse.... argh... is that even needed to proceed?

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
as you can see, threading is different... did they send wrong nut?

·
Registered
602 Posts
I'm pretty sure that nut was used to hold the valve while in the vice so as not to damage the threading. That's its only use, so I guess you don't have to worry about it or you can get a new nut but I don't remember having that problem. Be careful with that o-ring too. Mine broke when I was putting the valve back in the fuel rail.

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
It should be the same threads. You got the wrong one if it isnt. You do need it to pull that valve apart. Might have to find one that will work.

·
Registered
581 Posts
all i did to get the nut off is put a cheeter pipe on there and it came right off. the nut they sent me was the right corse so you musta got the wrong one.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
so i need the nut at all?

im reading the instructions at this point and am altittle confused... i put the valve in a vice and then i what rachect the 18mm nut off which pops the bottom side off?

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
Yes you need the nut. You use it to pull the valve apart, properly. You do not want to mess that thing up. Contact TS about getting the right one, or go to Home Depot.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
called TS performance... apparently they received a bad batch of nuts for the kits... getting one mailed to me but i think i might have found somewhere in town that has this nut.. .wish me luck...

M20 x 1.5 is the nut from what they said

·
Registered
638 Posts
Guess I'd better check my nutz...don't want to have that problem. Did they say if there was a time frame or a specific batch that got sent out with the bad nutz? Can I tell by looking at the nut, or do I have to first remove the valve and try it?

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
they didnt give me a time frame
i only found out by trying to thread it..

you can call them at 270-746-9999

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
Guess I'd better check my nutz...don't want to have that problem. Did they say if there was a time frame or a specific batch that got sent out with the bad nutz? Can I tell by looking at the nut, or do I have to first remove the valve and try it?
I'll send you mine John just to be sure you don't run into any issues when you install yours next week:thumbsup

·
Registered
602 Posts
Keven's a good guy. But yeah use the right nut, don't want to mess up that threading, that would be no bueno.

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
Your nut is on its' way John:thumbsup

1 - 20 of 30 Posts