Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 07.5 6.7L and i installed my ts mp-8, then i tried to start my truck and it wouldnt start so i turned the key on and off a few times and it finally started but idled like it had a monster cam in it. so i unplugged the connector to the fuel rail and then plugged it back in and it did the same thing. So i plugged stock back in and it ran fine with no codes. Its very depressing and i cant sleep at night can anyone help?:CRY:

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
Did you modify the fuel pressure release valve like they suggest in the instructions? Is your unit turned up all of the way or did that make any difference?

·
Premium Member
2,902 Posts
Try calling your vendor that sold it to you. These issues should be part of there customer service. If that dosent get you anywere:thud: Give TS a call or call me and i will talk to them for you but your vendor should be able to help you as well

John:thumbsup

·
Registered
179 Posts
did you shim the valve? if you did there should be 1 round plate with 3 holes in it a spring and a vary little grain of rice sized pin inside that valve (along with the 1-3 shims). you must have the pin in there for the truck to run. screwed around with truck for almost a week before we realized we were missing the pin contact K2 deisel on the forums he helped me out a ton with this promblem he and many others seem to know their $h!t when it comes to these trucks

·
Premium Member
1,912 Posts
make sure your plug that connects to the stock harness is pluged in correctly. That is what normally causes that! Or dropping parts out of the valve when you shimed it!

·
Registered
72 Posts
i know it seems like an idiot thing but nick is right check the plugs because it is possible to plug them in upside down and it will do what your saying

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I called ts performance and they told me i had sumthing plugged in wrong, so when i got home i looked really close at the connectors and i noticed that ts makes them backwards thats why so many people like me feel stupid for plugging them in wrong. But i got it plugged in right and it started up and ran like a champ:thumbsup. now i just need to keep my foot off the pedal to see if it helped my mileage.

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
Glad it was something simple and you got it all figured out:thumbsup

·
Registered
130 Posts
I called ts performance and they told me i had sumthing plugged in wrong, so when i got home i looked really close at the connectors and i noticed that ts makes them backwards thats why so many people like me feel stupid for plugging them in wrong. But i got it plugged in right and it started up and ran like a champ:thumbsup. now i just need to keep my foot off the pedal to see if it helped my mileage.
I was in the same club. Looks like the plug is on backwards when you put it on the right way. Fixed my problem as well. Glad you got it running. You'll love it.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i like the response my truck got from the mp-8, but yesterday i was driving and my check engine light came on so i took it to get scanned and it was throwing 6 codes. then later that day the light turned off and never came back on???? idk why it threw codes

·
Premium Member
1,224 Posts
it could've been only 1 code that kicked the light but the other 5 were soft codes that were in there from the harnes being plugged in wrong.

what were the codes?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts