Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just got a MP-8 and I also have a dipricol rail press guage and a quad boost fooler

I hooked them up in this order

rail sensor -> MP-8 -> rail press guage -> ECM line

map sensor -> MP-8 -> quad boost fooler -> ECM line

I was just wondering if any one else was running all of this and how they did it

I do know that if i go rail sensor then rail press guage then the MP-8 I throw 6 codes and my truck barely runs

All help is appricated and thank you

·
Registered
591 Posts
Hi!!!

Sorry to hear, but here's a bump for ya. I'm not running a rail pressure gauge (but the MP-8 is why I got the fuel filter!!). Is it maybe the quad boost fooler? It's my understanding that the MP-8 boost fools through the MAP sensor so maybe thats the problem? A guy I know said that the quadzilla destroyed his rail pressure sensor, I think a few on here have had that problem.

Blacksmokecummins had some troubles recently too. http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/3rd-gen-performance-parts-discussion/138992-big-problem.html

Good luck - guys, I hope you can help out this awesome dude.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ya i know about the quad rail gauge it did it to me too, that's why i got rid of it and went with a dipricol but the boost fooler makes about a 5 lb difference on my pressure, everyone says i don't need to run it but it does make a difference

·
Registered
244 Posts
rail sensor -> rail press guage -> MP-8 -> ECM line Thats how you should hook up the rail pressure since the mp8 fools the rail pressure also so it make you rail pressure gauge not read right
I don't know about the boost fooler and the mp8 as I am using the mp8 for boost fooling

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i tried that and i threw a check engine light, 6 DTC, and my truck barely ran

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
bump bump bump

·
Registered
225 Posts
The rail pressure gauge should always be plugged into the sensor first as stated above. You should not need the boost fooler with the MP-8. But if you must then the order above would be correct with the boost fooler last.

The codes are probably because you had one of the connectors pugged in backwards. That connector can be plugged in backwards.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok thanks i'll check it out tomorrow....today i mean

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks ram it worked out perfect, now i can see that i'm hitting 27500 psi so i backed it down a bit lol

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well on the rail senson side of things i went rail sensor on the rail, the rail press guage, mp8 then the cord that goes to the ecm, on the map sensor side of things i went the map sensor on the block the mp8 then the quad boost fooler then the map sensor cord that goes to the ecm,

but.... for some reason every now and then i throw a bunch of codes and my truck runs like , i throw cam position sensors codes, water in fuel codes (have an air dog now) so i don't know how that works, and low voltage across a sensor, i don't know why i'm throwing these codes or why it happens

1 - 11 of 11 Posts