Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my mp-8 turned up all the way and drove about 60 miles yesterday and when i stopped i walked around my truck with it running and the air coming out of the exhaust was so hot it burnt the hair on my arm! sumthin is wrong here what are stock 6.7L egt's supposed to be , and what is the highest egt i can have without messing sumthing up? i dont have a gauge yet.

·
Premium Member
2,623 Posts
Yup you were in regen. The EGT's can hit 1500 in regen.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
but my overhead has always said "system ok"? it has never said catalyst full. i just dont want to mess anything up and i thought the mp-8 wasnt supposed to increase egt's

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
awesome, no worries now thanks

·
Registered
331 Posts
the truck will regen almost once a day if you drive it enough. Temps go up and the mileage goes down.

·
Registered
105 Posts
My truck does regen about once a day and the EGT's go up to around 1200 - 1300 during this. I've bumped 1600 on EGT's when I put my foot into it on level 5, and on a forum somewhere I read where a guy is bumping upwards of 1700! :hyper: I've tried calling everyone, including cummins, about the normal and high EGT's on this 6.7 and no one seems to know what the parameters are. Or they just won't tell. All Dodge, Chrysler and Cummins will seem to say is it will run much hotter than the 5.9s do.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i heard the max egt for the 6.7L's is 1600 but i dont know how true that is, either way thats hot as hell

·
Premium Member
8,547 Posts
I run mine up over 1800 today racing or should I say passing a dmax up hill, water meth isnt working right now though

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
damn thats crazy i figured that would melt ur turbo :thud:

·
Registered
213 Posts
that compressor wheel is made out of inconel much higher heat resistance than your pistons:thumbsup

·
Registered
105 Posts
1800?!?! Well, looks like I need to re-adjust my Attitude.....again. Dang sure ain't takin' her up to 1800. Think I'll punch in 1700. :thumbsup

1 - 13 of 13 Posts