Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive had my mp-8 on for about a month now and yesterday when i started my truck that horrible ding chimed, so i did the key thing and it pulled 8 codes..... fuel pressure sensor low, camshaft position sensor circuit, egr position sensor circuit low, sensor refrence voltage 2 low, diesel particulate filter system performance, crankcase depression regulator valve performance, turbocharger boost pressure not detected, dpf soot accumulation!!! then after about 30 mins the light turned off and hasnt come back on i dont know what to do? please help :CRY:

·
Registered
838 Posts
check your mp-8 connections. the dpf issues and trubo issues are happening to the stock motors, they may not be related, but if you've been running the mp-8 turned up, it could have filled your dpf, which i believe is related to the turbo... you may want to pull the mp-8 and take it to the dealer. good luck.

·
Registered
6,645 Posts
Ive had my mp-8 on for about a month now and yesterday when i started my truck that horrible ding chimed, so i did the key thing and it pulled 8 codes..... fuel pressure sensor low, camshaft position sensor circuit, egr position sensor circuit low, sensor refrence voltage 2 low, diesel particulate filter system performance, crankcase depression regulator valve performance, turbocharger boost pressure not detected, dpf soot accumulation!!! then after about 30 mins the light turned off and hasnt come back on i dont know what to do? please help :CRY:
Explain the key thing to me....

·
Registered
190 Posts
Explain the key thing to me....
Turn the key on,off,on,off,on and it will read out the codes in the odometer. Mine has to have the park brake set to work as well.

The egr, and cam codes cant be related to the MP maybe a glitch?

·
Registered
331 Posts
I would not worry about it unless you have drivability issues. Sounds like something electronic and not mechanical with all those codes. If the light went off and you dont notice any difference then maybe it was a fluke or a ghost code that got tripped. I was getting the 2262 code and ignored it after the dealer said they cleared it and it popped back up. After a month the truck stopped throwing a fit. This trucks are more picky than a woman on the rag.

Key thing:
Put the key in the ignition. Turn the key on and off three times and leave the key on the final cycle it scans and reports codes in the odometer read out.

·
Registered
213 Posts
i had to stop running my cortex on extreme because it would turn on that stupid turbo boost not seen code crap

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
this sucks i love the power of the 6,7L but i miss my 5.9L because it was much simpler and louder! i called ts and they said to take off the chip and run it for a few days and if it throws codes to take it to the dealer and have it checked out so that is what im going to do because i dont want a 400 dollar box to mess up my 45,000$ truck. thx guys

1 - 7 of 7 Posts