Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else having issues when towing with an MP-8? I jusst finished a trip towing a 15k # toy hauler from NH to Texas and back, going down the MP-8 was giving me between 2.5 and 3 MPG more than stock, not to mention more power in the mountains, but when I would start pulling a good hill I would get a CEL and a P1011 code. This was no big deal, but on the way home I got about 200 miles on the highway and got the Catalyst Full Service required message, no percentage warnings, just the full message. After driving for about an hour the messages was still on, but after stopping at a rest stop for a couple minutes I got System OK. The Catalyst Full message came on 3 times, I was running the MP-8 at 100% when the first cat full came up, second time it was at 2/3, and 1/3 the last time.

After getting the cat full message I would turn the MP-8 off, but never noticed the milage do a significant drop indicating it eas in regen.

Any thoughts.

·
Registered
331 Posts
DPF delete is the only way to solve that. Obviously you were throwing some soot down the pipe when lugging the hills and filled the dpf. Either have to turn down the MP-8 or else get the dpf delete.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts