Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Mp-8 and smarty

590 Views 8 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  Blueboy
Ok i have a question, since im running the smarty with the rail pressure on default but i still have the mp-8 on the truck but turned to 0% is the mp-8 keeping the smarty from adjusting the rail pressure up? Does that make sense?
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes I dont turn it up but i didnt know if since the mp-8 technicly fools the ecm right? then its still fooling it with it on 0% to have it at the fooled factory specs, so i was thinking even though the smarty program is telling the truck more rail then originaly programed that the mp-8 is only letting it rail to the mp-8's stock knowledge? I think im thinking about this all 2 hard, im just gonna completly remove it lol.

· Smells like Bananas
9,086 Posts
I keep smarty on #7, TM #4, Rail #2,Timing on Default and the MP8 100%, but I also have the 625 studs. So I am not sure if I should be worried but the two sure do work well together.

· 05 CUMMINS
1,735 Posts
I would worry about my injectors running 100% pressure.
These injectors are known to crack when running high
pressure all the time.

· Smells like Bananas
9,086 Posts
I would worry about my injectors running 100% pressure.
These injectors are known to crack when running high
pressure all the time.
If I was running a 5.9 I would worry but the 6.7 injectors are known to be stronger then a 5.9 injectors. But who have you heard about cracking a stock 6.7 injector? But again not saying it won't but nobody has reported it on here or on TDR. So I am wondering where this concern is coming from?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.