Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the mp-8 on my 07 6.7 and every time i tow the check engine light comes on. I take it to the dealer and they clear it and tell me not to worry about it. The star scan said to low fuel pressure any help would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
2,623 Posts
Did you install the shims in the fuel release valve?

·
Registered
497 Posts
i just did a trip from Phoenix AZ to Houston TX at 20,000 pounds i got my CEL, and a CAT. FULL SEE DEALER. shut truck off the cat mesg. goes away after i take the trailer off and about four or five restarts my cel will go off on its own.

·
Registered
497 Posts
i called badp when i was there they didnt have a dpf delete kit in stock what a bummer

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
K2 i installed the shims. I was wondering if i need to up grade my fuel system with a fass? I haven't had the cat full message yet but i only have 8500 miles on the truck. This is the 5 time thishas happened.

·
Premium Member
2,623 Posts
You don't need a FASS if your just running the MP-8, you don't really need to start thinking about that until you start stacking.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am taking it to the dealer friday again to see what the think.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Has your dealer given you any cr*p about your mp-8?

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
did you shim the fuel rail? or did you use the rail plug?

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
OOPS, i just saw where you already said you shimmed it..sorry i am no help.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The dealer has not said anything but i am not sure if they know. I know i am not saying anything to them.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I experienced the same problems towing 15,000# from NH to TX and back. Going down I got a P1011 when pulling a good hill, but coming back I got 3 CAT FULL messages, one with MP-8 at 100%, one at about 2/3 and another at 1/3. All were highway speeds of 65 to 70 all happened while running up hills/mountains. Going down I was getting about 13.5 MPG and only got a few P1011 codes, coming back was when I got the CAT FULL messages along with the P1011 and also got 1 low rail pressure. I have put all 3 shims in the relief, and just last night checked the relief plug to make sure it was still tight. Without the MP-8 on the mileage dropped to 10.5 to 11 and would downshift more often on the hills. After the CAT FULL I would run 45 to 60 mins and when I shut the truck off and restarted I got SYSTEM OK.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Just got a great deal on a used MP-8 and it came today! Just wondering though it looks like he did not give me the original shims how do I know they are the correct size and how many do you use? Is it always three used? The bag has no size on it just part number 14S flat washers (bronze) will these work are they correct?

G

·
You say you have an 07.5 6.7

Have you had the AX flash done yet? There was also a box swap at the Cat Converters. That was another TSP around December.

So far, I have not seen a codes witht he MP8

Re: the plug

MP8 has a plug for the Duramax available. (Well it's got Duramax instructions) This plug was $52.00. It is a direct replacement for the 6.7 plug. All you do is install the MP8 plug and it's over.

It's hard enough to change the plug as it is.

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
the Shims are 3 - #4 washers, you can get them at any local hardware store. I need to find someone close by who wants to install the MP-8 so i can take some pictures of the shim install for everyone.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have had the G30 and have the AX flash, do you have more details on the "box swap at the Cat Converters"? I don't recall reading anything about this.

·
5,055 Posts
the G30 was the box swap. It was replacing the O2 Sensor Module on the frame rail.

·
5,055 Posts
any increase?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts