Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be mmoving to Nashville for work and I'll be working near Antioch. Any bad neighborhoods or places like that that I should avoid? Trying to find a place to live.

·
Registered
343 Posts
i would say most of antioch is bad...........go towards mt. juliet, lebanon, gladeville. thats just a few around there but it depends on how far you want to drive. what type of work do you do thats moving you to antioch?

·
Registered
167 Posts
yeah, Id stay away from L.A(lower Antioch) there are some good places around there but it is being taken over by..........

I second the mt.juliet, lebanon. I'd stay away from smyrna, murfreesboro(I-24 traffic is bbbbaaaadddddd.....anytime)

·
Banned
678 Posts
most of antioch is bad so stay clear of that. If you want a farm then anywhere outside of nashville, but if you want to live close into nashville you have

greenhills
forest hills
west meade
brentwood
franklin'
cool springs.

I live near green hills

·
Registered
31 Posts
Ditto all the above about Antioch and the I24 traffic in from Smyrna and Murfreesboro. If you leave home at 6:00 in the morning you'll be okay. 6:30 and you're toast. I work near the airport and come in from the east side of town in Mt. Juliet. I live right between Mt. Juliet and Smyrna out near the Nashville Superspeedway. Beautiful area but land prices are going through the roof if you want land. Good luck.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys...I'm in construction so I'll only be down there for about a year

·
Registered
343 Posts
who you work for????? i work for rogers group inc. in nashville. well actually im out of the shop in madison.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I work for Signature Construction...we build apartments. I was thinking of living somewhere south of Antioch but now I'm looking in more of a westerly direction.

·
Banned
28 Posts
I live right in nashville by the airport. Moving to Murfreesboro because traffic wont affect me on my work schedule. Its alot nicer there.

·
Banned
28 Posts
What company. I work for Nashville Jet charters. Im an A&P mechanic.

·
Banned
28 Posts
We need to organize a meet somewhere near Nashville. Let me know what you guys think of this. If we can get 10 or so maybe for a Sunday cruise.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
What about Inglewood? Looking at a place there

·
Registered
343 Posts
i lived in inglewood for a year while i went to diesel college. it is ok, not as bad as antioch but not much better. are you buying or renting? apartment or house?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Inglewood!?

I lived in Inglewood for a year and had two cars broke into. And a friend of mine was truckjacked at gun point. If you are looking out that area. Its worth the extra 15 mins to go to Hendersonville or Gallatin!

·
Registered
343 Posts
i agree, if your gonna work in antioch. then donelson or hermitage wouldnt be to bad of a place. just like everywhere else you gotta be aware of your surroundings.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts