Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just like the title says, I'll be moving to Leadville(Lake county I believe) from NYS in a few months and am wondering what the emissions situation is there? All the websites make it slightly confusing on what the actual laws are regarding what they test and what actually needs to be tested and where. Seems like a ridiculous mess they have instead of making it a static law for "years xx-xx require testing" like it is here not to mention it goes by county(what in the actual F!?) Anyway, from what I gathered, Lake county doesn't test emissions but I'd feel better knowing for sure. My buddy there has an 01(?) that's straight piped with no issues but I'm not sure if my newer truck will fall under the laws if there are any.

You have no idea how much I don't want to put that stuff back on after how much of a PITA it was to take off. Plus carrying it halfway across the country. I may be there for a couple years at least so I feel like I'm going to get nabbed eventually for not being a registered Coloradan and then I'll have to register in Co. I'd rather just keep my NY plates on in case I come back and I will be making a visit or 2 home so I could get inspected here when I'm back local. Any input for that county would be great. I know Denver area is pretty strict.

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
In put keep your NY registration. If pulled over your just working there . You own or live in NY. Easy as that ..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T217A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
868 Posts
I agree ^^^. Keep your plates and NY insurance. Craig

1 - 3 of 3 Posts