Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right now I am just running the knob up by the pillar and am wanting to put it in a more permenant place. Any ideas as to where to mount would be great. I was debating putting it in that little square below the light controls, but I was worried about damaging it getting in and out of the truck. If it had a longer cable I wanted to run it up to the overhead where the sun roof controls would be. Any help and suggestions would be great!

Thanks,

Zach

·
Premium Member
2,538 Posts
personally i got have one but i have seen many mounted in the little square like you said. it looks real nice that way.

·
Premium Member
1,679 Posts
One of my buddies just installed an MP-8 on his 06. Im not sure where he mounted his switch but his knob is weird. I was wondering if your adjuster knob actually like clicked into the different power settings or if it was just loose all the way around when you turn it. He said his only acts like a volume knob you can just keep turning it and turning it. but he did say he could tell a difference when he turned it. I didnt know what to tell him since I dont have any experience with the MP-8. Thanks for the info

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
One of my buddies just installed an MP-8 on his 06. Im not sure where he mounted his switch but his knob is weird. I was wondering if your adjuster knob actually like clicked into the different power settings or if it was just loose all the way around when you turn it. He said his only acts like a volume knob you can just keep turning it and turning it. but he did say he could tell a difference when he turned it. I didnt know what to tell him since I dont have any experience with the MP-8. Thanks for the info
It should turn freely for 270*. There is a set screw that must be locked down. Once it is locked down the knob will make a 3/4 turn until it stops -- this is max setting. Like he said, it is like a volume knob; that turns only 270* before it stops.

Zach

·
Premium Member
1,679 Posts
So how many actual power settings are there? I thought it was three but I'm all mixed up now. I've been looking at too much truck stuff haha I cant keep up with all of it

·
Premium Member
5,204 Posts
So how many actual power settings are there? I thought it was three but I'm all mixed up now. I've been looking at too much truck stuff haha I cant keep up with all of it
The MP8 in theory has an infinite amount of settings that range from 0 to 100hp.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts