Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

141 - 160 of 275 Posts

·
Rear Admiral Rickard Onmi
9,383 Posts
Bottom Board: 86" inches (16" platform)
Second Board: 70" inches (16" platform)
Third Board: 54" inches (16" platform)
Fourth Board: 38" inches (16" platform)
Top Board: 22" inches (22" platform minus the bump stops)

Top Height: Approximately 7.5" inches
That's a lot of effort for 7.5 inches. Reminds me about a joke where someone asked to be given 6 inches and making it hurt... so they did it 3 times and hit them....

·
Premium Member
16,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #142 ·
That's a lot of effort for 7.5 inches.
It's not a lot of height, but it's all I need to gain access to the front of both trucks. The front air deflector and side steps are the real issue. Once you get passed those barriers, there's actually a lot of room under the truck. I replaced the rear differential cover without needing any lift.

I can now change engine oil, drain the radiator, drain the front differential, drain the transmission fluid, and inspect under the truck for leaks.

·
Registered
2006 F250 SD,4x4
4,162 Posts
I know that feeling. Doing the basement push this weekend, and then the up stairs by the 15th. Then a final clean and listing the house while we wait for our new place to be built. Won't be long until I'm homeless
It sucks. Lol. You forget how much stuff you have when it sits in storage for almost a year. We have all the bedrooms setup and unpacked, and the kitchen. Sad thing is after the house is done, the 40x40 pole barn is a disaster and needs organized. All my grandpa's stuff is still in there for the most part,plus everything from my barn at my old place and then some.. Some of it my grandma is giving away, but I'd say most of it I'd end up with.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18,738 Posts
The front air deflector and side steps are the real issue. Once you get passed those barriers, there's actually a lot of room under the truck.
I'm guessing that you'll be backing up on those ramps then, If not, being over seven feet long they'll present a barrier just like the side steps.

Reactions: Aburdett

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
I'm guessing that you'll be backing up on those ramps then, If not, being over seven feet long they'll present a barrier just like the side steps.
You don’t use a creeper to enter under a vehicle from the front? 7” wouldn’t be enough height for you to roll under the axle?

·
Registered
18,738 Posts
You don’t use a creeper to enter under a vehicle from the front? 7” wouldn’t be enough height for you to roll under the axle?
If working on something ahead of the wheels, yes. But otherwise I tend to come in from the side.
Whichever is the shortest route.

And using a floorjack and stands, there's really nothing much in the way.

·
9,383 Posts
It sucks. Lol. You forget how much stuff you have when it sits in storage for almost a year. We have all the bedrooms setup and unpacked, and the kitchen. Sad thing is after the house is done, the 40x40 pole barn is a disaster and needs organized. All my grandpa's stuff is still in there for the most part,plus everything from my barn at my old place and then some.. Some of it my grandma is giving away, but I'd say most of it I'd end up with.

Yeah, i know that feeling. I'm not looking forward to win the inlaws pass, hopefully it'll be a while before that happens but still. Their entire basement is full of stuff that my DW's grandparents had collected over the years. A lot of it is nice stuff, but it's all just crammed into the basement, so you can't even go through it. When the time comes it'll probably take an entire month to pull everything out and go through it and decide what to keep, sell, or throw away. And it'll be just us because her brothers are worthless garbage and she'll be relatively upset for a while after, so i'll be doing 99% of the work i imagine. So far we have the majority of stuff packed, we are just picking through stuff that isn't a daily use item at this point. Won't be long until we start pulling TVs off the walls and putting our beds into storage, at that point we'll be out and it'll just be finishing the little things in the house. Should be sold by the end of May, hopefully fully closed soon after that. Hopefully my builder will be getting started by then as well. I'd love to be in by Christmas, but at this point in the year, i'm not sure that'll happen.

·
Registered
2006 F250 SD,4x4
4,162 Posts
I'd be shocked unless builders have a faster turn around up your way. My wife said she threw a bunch of stuff away today, while I'm at work.

·
9,383 Posts
Well the builder is a long time family friend, i was originally planning on an 8 month build time, which hasn't started yet. So it may be a January or February thing. but we are still hoping for Christmas, we'll see what happens though

·
Registered
18,738 Posts
Isn't Christmas cancelled yet?!?

·
9,383 Posts
Christmas isn't canceled until after I find a keltec p50

·
White Lightning
13,161 Posts
Christmas isn't canceled until after I find a keltec p50
Looked up the ammo for that jewel......one could dump $40 fairly quick with fiddddddy rounds.

Reactions: Loki223

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
Well the builder is a long time family friend, i was originally planning on an 8 month build time, which hasn't started yet. So it may be a January or February thing. but we are still hoping for Christmas, we'll see what happens though
Plans are finished up?

·
9,383 Posts
Looked up the ammo for that jewel......one could dump $40 fairly quick with fiddddddy rounds.
Yeah. But good luck to anyone counting your shots with a pistol like that

·
9,383 Posts
Plans are finished up?
Plans are finished, permits are started, my hate for my county has only increased. Wish I would've bought property in any of the purge counties besides this one.

·
White Lightning
13,161 Posts
Yeah. But good luck to anyone counting your shots with a pistol like that
Who’s counting? A man would have to spray 50 at once for the inaugural load.

·
9,383 Posts
Who’s counting? A man would have to spray 50 at once for the inaugural load.
But only if you are living on a mountain and firing in a safe and legal direction

Once I find one I will guarantee that once i find one there will be posts on the gun thread to show it off

·
Premium Member
16,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #159 · (Edited)
Knowing that the extended warranty on the 2015 EcoDiesel was about to expire, I started a 'vehicle repair' account last year that automatically withdrawals $250 per month. Today, the account reached $3,000.

The 5 year/100,000 mile powertrain warranty expires in 5 months/6,000 miles, whichever comes first. The EcoDiesel Settlement engine warranty expires 10 years from the date of initial sale or 120,000 miles on the vehicle odometer, whichever comes first.

Since replacing the DEF injector, the truck has gone 2 years without throwing any codes. Hopefully the next 12 months will be problem-free, or repairs covered under warranty.

Reactions: Babin Farms
141 - 160 of 275 Posts