Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
9181 - 9200 of 9225 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,651 Posts
Are you in any way, shape, form, or fashion insinuating that I should get some of Rhett’s previously removed take-off decals? :unsure:

The larger headboard tool box is the same size as my last one. Everything fits fine.

As for sleeping on the road......I try to avoid that, as vehicles running over me at high rates of speed would most likely squash my guts outta my bung hole.

I prefer Quality Inn, Days Inn, Super 8, EconoLodge, Red Roof Inn, etc. :geek:
Well being that the new rig is red….. it could be considered a tractor. Maybe he’s got a “don’t stick your fingers in the mower” decal with some old glue still on it.

Wasn’t sure if you had lots of day trips or longer ones. Don’t take much to chew up 11? Hrs.

I’m assuming you need to run elog?

·
Premium Member
19,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9,182 ·
Biden calls Congress to suspend federal gasoline and diesel taxes for three months

The federal tax on gasoline stands at 18.4 cents a gallon, while the tax on diesel is 24.4 cents a gallon. If the federal gas tax was paused, pickup truck drivers stood to save $5.52 every week, according to Patrick De Haan, head of petroleum analysis at GasBuddy. At the other end of the automotive spectrum, compact-car drivers would save $2.21.

·
Premium Member
4,651 Posts
Biden calls Congress to suspend federal gasoline and diesel taxes for three months

The federal tax on gasoline stands at 18.4 cents a gallon, while the tax on diesel is 24.4 cents a gallon. If the federal gas tax was paused, pickup truck drivers stood to save $5.52 every week, according to Patrick De Haan, head of petroleum analysis at GasBuddy. At the other end of the automotive spectrum, compact-car drivers would save $2.21.
And then cause higher inflation because the government is down even more money…..

·
Premium Member
19,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9,184 ·
So I guess your still wondering how a stump bucket works? Or did someone digging a small hole for a dead dog clear it up?
I'm just curious how well they work. If the soil conditions are good (not rocky), then I suppose it would work fairly well as long as the stump isn't too large and the taproot isn't too deep.

·
White Lightning
2022 RAM 5500 Tradesman Crew Cab & Chassis 4X4
15,748 Posts
Well being that the new rig is red….. it could be considered a tractor. Maybe he’s got a “don’t stick your fingers in the mower” decal with some old glue still on it.

Wasn’t sure if you had lots of day trips or longer ones. Don’t take much to chew up 11? Hrs.

I’m assuming you need to run elog?
Yes....I have to comply just like the big boys; I just do it with a smaller truck.
Electronic logs
drug consortium
IFTA
IRP
yadda yaddda yaddddda

·
Registered
23,421 Posts
I'm just curious how well they work. If the soil conditions are good (not rocky), then I suppose it would work fairly well as long as the stump isn't too large and the taproot isn't too deep.
A backhoe is much better suited for the job. But if all you have is a skid steer, or a real tractor, then they make sense.

·
Premium Member
19,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9,188 ·
Well being that the new rig is red….. it could be considered a tractor.
Yes, even my EcoDiesel is a tractor. (y)

Tractor – the tractor is also known as a road tractor, prime mover, or traction unit. The tractor is the power house that does the pulling. One or more trailers (or semi trailers) can be attached to the tractor.

·
Premium Member
19,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9,190 ·
And then cause higher inflation because the government is down even more money…..
At this point, I don't think it really matters. Fuel taxes go towards road infrastructure. All of these bipartisan 'infrastructure' bills already include billions of dollars for roads and bridges. Printing money is part of the Ponzi Scheme.

Here's one critic for the 3-month tax holiday:

"It’s not the best idea. It’s bullish energy prices because it’s reducing the price to the consumer. And the law of demand says they’re going to consume more if you take down the price." - Jeff Currie, global head of commodities research, Goldman Sachs

·
Premium Member
19,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9,191 ·

·
Premium Member
19,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9,192 ·
Jerome Powell (Federal Reserve) confirmed to congress that the economy is slowing but explained demand is still high. He doesn't anticipate prices will be coming down anytime soon. This is exactly what many economists said would happen.

Here's a list of jobs in demand. The percentages represent the number of people who left the workforce this year (resigned or retired):

Heathcare (31%)
Retail (32%)
Professional Services (33%)
Government/Public Policy (33%)
College/University Educators (35%)
K-12 Educators (44%)

·
Registered
23,421 Posts
Thinking about this a bit more, I suppose that you now have three "tractors", but no fleet of pickups anymore.

Normally, tractors are made to pull things, pickups are made to put things on (just like trucks), and cars and vans are made to put things in.

Of course, that's just the normal legal definition. I'm sure yours differ a bit.

Reactions: MustangDiesel004

·
Registered
2004 2500 555/5600 RWD QC/LB
547 Posts
Thinking about this a bit more, I suppose that you now have three "tractors", but no fleet of pickups anymore.

Normally, tractors are made to pull things, pickups are made to put things on (just like trucks), and cars and vans are made to put things in.

Of course, that's just the normal legal definition. I'm sure yours differ a bit.
Of a combined vehicle which has tractive power?

Pickup, or tractor? As it won’t be legal to carry a load on the Drives past what trailer imposes.

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Motor vehicle

·
Registered
23,421 Posts
It depends on what day it is in Gallup. And what color the pickup is.

In the rest of the world, a Ram 1500 normally isn't a tractor, Sure, I have made a CJ2A Jeep into a tractor of sorts, after removing the body and setting it up for towing. Later putting a blade on the back.

I've also made a 1-1/4-ton pickup into kind of a tractor, by removing the bed, shortening the frame by 31 inches, and making gooseneck and receiver setups for it. All it can do is pull stuff.

Neither one is used for trips to Harbor Freight or Loves, for somewhat obvious reasons. Much like I don't usually take my real tractor off the property. And the other real tractor I had (the Pete) is sold, now residing in NY state.

Reactions: MustangDiesel004

·
Premium Member
4,651 Posts
Here’s my stump/rock puller that I built. It pulled a bunch of big oaks out. And I’ve used it on some pretty large rocks. I’d guess in the 3-4000lb range. It would out do a mini excavator. I can get pretty good leverage on it.

·
Rear Admiral Rickard Onmi
2018 Ram 3500 CCLBSRW
14,171 Posts

·
glacierdieselpower.com
1,220 Posts
I just spent way too much time reading pages on this thread. LOL but I was entertained nonetheless.

Hope everyone is doing well with their trucks! Glacier in the house

·
Premium Member
19,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9,200 · (Edited)
This was the good ol' days.

9181 - 9200 of 9225 Posts