Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
4981 - 5000 of 5159 Posts

·
White Lightning
14,228 Posts
No, because 3G will be shut down next year.
And that is going to cause a decent disruption for commercial drivers using some brands of ELD’s (electronic logging devices) dependent on which carrier their ELD services are through.

Reactions: Jimmy N.

·
Premium Member
17,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,983 ·
And that is going to cause a decent disruption for commercial drivers using some brands of ELD’s (electronic logging devices) dependent on which carrier their ELD services are through.
Yeah, it's going to cause a lot of disruptions, but it won't be the first time. They had to shutdown 2G in order to make room for 4G. Now they're shutting down 3G to make room for 5G. Delaying 5G is a security and safety issue since new technology is built around 5G. The last two phones I've owned had 5G capability. T-Mobile has been leading the charge for a long time as they were the first to have 4G.

·
Registered
21,005 Posts
I think it was FAA or something similar that also runs on 3G, so there could indeed be some disruptions.

Anyway, I don't understand buying gizmos running on 4G when their intended usage apparently is for places that doesn't have it. That's a bit like if I bought an electric car, then wonder where the heck I'd charge it.

Having the latest doesn't necessarily mean having the greatest.

·
Premium Member
17,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,986 ·
Anyway, I don't understand buying gizmos running on 4G when their intended usage apparently is for places that doesn't have it.
4G and 5G is expanding. Just because someone doesn't have access to 4G today doesn't mean they won't have access to it tomorrow or when the technology is moved. Game cameras, for example, might get moved a few times each year.

·
Premium Member
17,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,988 ·
My dad got me 5 oil changes for free at the local dealership, so I took the 2020 EcoDiesel in for a free oil change. I've got until 2023 to use them.

Used the 8 ton jack for the first time today to grease the hubs.

• Haha
Reactions: the man in black

·
Premium Member
17,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,990 ·
My dad came up with this idea to haul out the logs.

·
Premium Member
17,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,992 ·

·
Premium Member
17,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,993 ·
  • Haha
Reactions: the man in black

·
Premium Member
17,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,995 ·
Wouldn't it be easier to use a grease gun?
I used the Lube Shuttle, too. It was the first time to grease the hubs since buying the trailer.

we'll be loading up the hay wagon here in a few minutes.

·
Premium Member
17,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,997 ·
Why didn't you use it to get the wood out? Looks like there was room to back it in.
The foot trail goes pretty far back, but there's not a lot of room unless we cut more trees. We carried logs as far as 40 yards today. I suggested that we clear a path for the tractor in the coming years. There's a lot of dead locust and hedge in there. I'd estimate more than 20 cords of wood. On a side note, he had a racoon that came running out of one of the hollow trees he cut down.

·
Premium Member
8,613 Posts
My wife and mom took care of the small stuff. My dad and I hauled out the big stuff. It didn't take long at all.

You look to be about a ladders length from the clearing while the truck looks to be parked a number of ladders further away than it needs to be. Work smarter and all...

·
Premium Member
17,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,999 ·
You look to be about a ladders length from the clearing while the truck looks to be parked a number of ladders further away than it needs to be. Work smarter and all...
Here's the best picture I have showing the trail that goes deeper into the woods. But you're right, he had a small tree that was cut closer to the field. Most of the logs are another 30 - 40 yards beyond where we are in this photo.

·
Rear Admiral Rickard Onmi
2018 Ram 3500 CCLBSRW
11,652 Posts
We usually just find a tree at a top of the hill so we can throw the rounds down to the clearing if we can't get something to the wood.... but hey. Whatever works.

4981 - 5000 of 5159 Posts