Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
4961 - 4980 of 5159 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,963 ·
I put out a feeder and since then not much activity. Probably should've waited but oh well.
We just checked my dad's SIM card. The deer are coming in and feeding off the corn. His season starts December 1st.

·
Premium Member
17,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,966 ·

·
Premium Member
17,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,967 ·

·
Premium Member
17,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,969 ·
Ah, that's exactly how my game cameras work, too, but I use regular memory cards. No need for Subscriber Identity Modules in them.
His is designed to transmit data, but it's placed in an area where he can't get 4G.

·
Premium Member
17,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,971 ·

·
Premium Member
17,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,975 ·
That shouldn't keep it from working now. And besides, they apparently keep postponing that shutdown.
As far as I know, carriers stopped selling devices that require 3G a long time ago.

The FCC has denied any request for delays. The shutdown is already scheduled for next year with all the big companies. T-Mobile will start January 1st with their merger (Sprint) and July 1st for the rest of T-Mobile.

·
Registered
21,005 Posts
As far as I know, carriers stopped selling devices that require 3G a long time ago.
They can still be bought. Used if nothing else.
But I have never seem game cameras sold by any of the cell carriers. Not that I've searched, but still.

And not long ago I did buy a new 4G phone...only to find out that the old one apparently would've worked for another year or so. Depends on who you ask, I guess.

·
Premium Member
17,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,980 ·
But I have never seem game cameras sold by any of the cell carriers. Not that I've searched, but still.
Just google cellular game cameras. Different game cameras will work with different carriers. My dad and I use T-Mobile, so we're limited to game cameras that work with their 4G/5G data plans. They do use power a little faster, so it's best to have a small solar panel to keep the batteries charged. I don't have signal on our mountain property or I would have a few cameras. Having that live data is awesome.

4961 - 4980 of 5159 Posts