Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
3961 - 3980 of 4342 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,964 ·
Probably got ate by that cat that you've been posting pictures of
Anything is possible. We have a healthy lion population, but hunters are doing a good job of keeping their population under control.

·
Rear Admiral Rickard Onmi
2018 Ram 3500 CCLBSRW
11,260 Posts
Yeah, we were listening to them Saturday night at my buddies who is just down the road from our porperty. As they sang the songs of their people after finding something that they obviously enjoyed quite a bit

·
Premium Member
17,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,970 ·
There may be plenty for a mule to eat, but they aren't at the top of the food chain.
I don't foresee the mule having too many issues, especially at elevation. A wolf will take down a calf, but for the most part, horses and mules are pretty safe, at least in our area. We've got lots of turkey, deer, elk, rabbits, and other animals for lions to feed off of. Even our bobcat and lynx population is healthy.

·
Premium Member
17,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,974 ·

·
Premium Member
17,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,976 ·
How does elevation factor in here?!?
We typically don't see lion or wolf kill above 7,500' feet in elevation. Most of the wildlife (rabbits, turkey, prairie dogs, deer, elk, etc.) are at lower elevations, which is where the lions and wolves do most of their hunting.

·
Premium Member
17,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,977 ·
You are joking, right?
I've heard of super sensitive people getting poison ivy through the air (when it's being burnt), but I personally don't know anyone who has gotten poison ivy from sitting on a tractor mowing it. I've only gotten poison oak once, and that's because I was in contact with it (cutting and removing). Even then, it only appeared in spots where I had abrasions on my arms.

·
Registered
20,579 Posts
So the mule is playing it safe and staying at 7,550 or above? Well, at least that'll narrow the search area down quite a bit.

·
Registered
20,579 Posts
I've heard of super sensitive people getting poison ivy through the air (when it's being burnt), but I personally don't know anyone who has gotten poison ivy from sitting on a tractor mowing it. I've only gotten poison oak once, and that's because I was in contact with it (cutting and removing). Even then, it only appeared in spots where I had abrasions on my arms.
Some people are much more sensitive to it than others. Just like bee stings etc. affects people differently.
Sitting in a "cloud" of poison ivy juice (that's where the brush hog fits in) surely is more than enough exposure for many.

·
Premium Member
17,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,980 ·
So the mule is playing it safe and staying at 7,550 or above? Well, at least that'll narrow the search are down quite a bit.
By default, the mule is in a wilderness area of 8,000' - 11,000' feet. Hopefully hunters will come across him.

3961 - 3980 of 4342 Posts