Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
I have two places, one will rebuild yours and the other has already rebuilt short blocks. but nether is near Liberty though. Both do a very good job.

·
home grown show
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well once insurance comes through depending on what they say as far as what they are going to do hence fix my motor get a new one or....total my truck is why i ask

·
Registered
448 Posts
What happened?

·
home grown show
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well it had to happen on friday the 13th of course but while i was at my college graduation some punk thought it would be funny to fill my tank with 5-10 gallons of water and obvioulsy i didnt make it very far from the college maybe 30 min give or take. so ended up with diesel in my oil water through my injectors diesel and oil in my turbo and of course white smoke everywhere. this was in the 2500 6speed and not the 3500 btw. if i only knew who it was i would make them pay in 2 ways of course

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
:shock: oh my god! idiots still do this kind a crap? im pretty sure i could think of more than "2" ways to make the jacka$$ pay the consequenses! best of luck to you on finding who did it.

·
home grown show
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah i will never know because the security didnt have the cameras up and running at all during the event or atleast not in the parking lot i was in. same night a friend of mine was up there for his sister and they got him for a whole tank of diesel. and big texss i would make them wish they had never done it and the first place and would make dang sure to put it down so that they would never want to again. imo doing stuff like this deserves not just an a whooping but to be taken around back and delt with. but oh well like i said i will never know

·
home grown show
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeah insurance is coming tuesday afternoon to look over it and then they will want to take it to a mechanic shop and have them look over it and thats all im waiting on as far as a new engine or fixing this one im personally going to push for a new one or slightly used atleast and i already pulled the injectors, turbo, rail, and dropped the tank so the shop should have it really easy since a friend of mine is going to uti and we do all the work on it but i dont think i want to get into it that deep i would rather a "professional" do that and not us but i hope that my tips are ok at the least so i do not have to buy new ones out of pocket unless they will cover them to hmmmm but i doubt it

·
Premium Member
11,810 Posts
i understand how ya feel on the "pro" shop thing Morgan...i mean we've already pulled one engine but i'm still anxious about gettin that damn thing back and put in again...

and i guess i just didn't realize that it happened on Friday the 13th haha...your luck really is as bad as you say it is i guess

and we still ain't heard word back on the injectors...damn shop is takin its sweet time for some reason this time

·
home grown show
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well i aint to worried about taking it anywhere bub thats all insurance doings not mine thats just the policy they have to follow is what i was told just so they can get a better estiment

·
home grown show
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well i would just like to go ahead and thank state farm for bending me over about my truck now that they dont want to cover it since apperentyl it was all caused by the turbo going out. i guess i just imagined all the water i drained on the side of the high way and the lemon lime looking diesel thats in my tank guess i just made all that up becasue i like paying a truck note and insurance on a vehicle i cant drive. first off dont send a woman unless she knows what she is talking about second dont ask a mechanic take it to one (State Farm) third dont accuse the person paying full coverage on a vehicle that they are not telling the truth. all i can say is this will be handled the easy way or the hard way either or they are going to fix it since it was vandalism and they will probably not insure me ever again....sorry to vent but its been a really bad week with this and the death in my family

·
MOOB ADMIRER!
2,406 Posts
well i would just like to go ahead and thank state farm for bending me over about my truck now that they dont want to cover it since apperentyl it was all caused by the turbo going out. i guess i just imagined all the water i drained on the side of the high way and the lemon lime looking diesel thats in my tank guess i just made all that up becasue i like paying a truck note and insurance on a vehicle i cant drive. first off dont send a woman unless she knows what she is talking about second dont ask a mechanic take it to one (State Farm) third dont accuse the person paying full coverage on a vehicle that they are not telling the truth. all i can say is this will be handled the easy way or the hard way either or they are going to fix it since it was vandalism and they will probably not insure me ever again....sorry to vent but its been a really bad week with this and the death in my family
Sorry to hear man...

sent from my ZombieStomped X

·
home grown show
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i have no idea why they would think that since their mechanic or a shop has not looked at it since this occured they are only going off pictures. im sure when there is oil water and diesel fused together in the exhaust side of the turbo it is not caused by the turbo. same goes for the burnt tips and cross over tubes. not to mention the water in the oil and the raw diesel in it as well which gelled up. they sent someone who didnt know what she was looking for or talking about so now they are trying to get over me. my intercooler had raw diesel fumes in it as well as the air filter but none the less my tank had a ton of water i guesstimated around 5 gallons or so only from filling up a bottle out of the airdog and timing it while i was on the side of the road....if the turbo is the problem let me buy a stock one hook it up and show them that is not it...idk 2 of the guys on here helped me tear it down and pull the injectors a week before they came out so now im going to send them off the get tested asap and or tell them i want to have them take it to a shop who can tear it down and actually put their hands on it and not have only bs photos

·
Registered
52 Posts
I think its time for new insurance company once you get this all straighten out

·
Registered
720 Posts
That's one reason why im Gettin rid of state farm
Since I got a new truck I asked them I'd
I could pay 2 months insurance in advance
I sent them the money to cover it 2 months may and
June but i get a bill for a payment due in June I called and
Said i payed that ahe said says I see you paid 3 months but she won't apply the second months payment I told them I won't be paying my June payment and that I will be finding new insurance and be expecting myoney back
Ahe tolde good luck with that one!!
Customer service is Gettin worse an worse everyday all these major companies keep doing shot like this and they won't be major anymore

·
home grown show
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
oh yeah i will be finding someone else to insure me after all this so much for the stupid little jingle like a good neighbor state farm is there my a*&

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.