Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

motor work

788 Views 8 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  highrollinmopars
need to get the rings replace as im getting excessive blowby and its forcing oil out of the crank, anyone know of a good service shop in the dfw area that is reputable? how about some prices in your area so i know what to expect?
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
2,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes i had a reputable injection shop here in ft worth check the injection system, they checked the cups, rails and injectors, leak down test of the fuel system came clean, the checked the compression and it was a little on the low side, its blowing out a bit of oil, esp. when towing, anyone know of someone in the DFW area that can do this kind of work? what should i expect to pay?

· Registered
39 Posts

· Registered
39 Posts
Not a problem. Thanks for the comment about the truck.

Not sure where your located but there is also a shop in weatherford, it is called Texas Diesel Power.

· Registered
2,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
im in boyd which is just north of aledo and weathorford, i called and talked to mac and he said they couldnt do it bc it would probably need to be resleaved, still looking, ill try TDP tomorrow tho, thanks

· Registered
476 Posts
I know Relentless Diesel can rebuild motors. They quoted me $5500 to fix my last one. New motor from the stealership with my discount cost me $9800.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.