Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am so happy to see all the compound turbos, intake elbows, injectors, CP3s and tuners, but they are all crap without a good transmission!
I wonder if the main trans builders don't think that the 68RFE is worthy of building because most people won't do anything to their emission chocked down motors?
I am not doing anything else to my motor until I get a decent transmission!

·
Premium Member
3,823 Posts
I am pretty sure that i seen a post on here about ATS trans being built for the 6.7. I from past expierience know that there are not any factory autos that will take many mods in these torque ranges thereofre i bought the manual and all i need is a clutch which is readily available. But your right what good is 800HP if you cant get it to the ground (guess it sounds good). I dont know how the rearends and pinions take some of these torque numbers myself:confused013:

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
From the past expewriences with the 5.9L, The 11 1/2 rear can handle alot of torque. Just need a good auto!

·
Registered
123 Posts
NADP has a 68RE rated for a metric crap ton of power, I believe 800rwhp... and it's been out for a while.

·
Trusler the Hustler
679 Posts
i looked on NADP's website, DODGE DIESELS-Bigrig Power For Your Pickup
and only saw 47re/rh and 48re transmissions on there...idk i am sure if you call they can work something out...and i remember reading somewhere someone had a built transmission that was holding down some big horsepower...

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Being an electronic trans there will have to be some programming to make it work well.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Being an electronic trans there will have to be some programming to make it work well.
True that.

And it was Ram89 who has the NADP sled/race trans.

·
Registered
508 Posts
yeah my 68 is pretty fried at the moment and i'm looking for someplace to help me out with my tranny but am not having much luck

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
I've had the Tranny from NADP since July and it works great..My truck is just under 500Hp(493hp) and 992fttq.I have done lots of brake stands and 4x4 boost launches at About 10PSI and its still running strong. When I tow my travel trailer or sleds my edge is always on 6, MP8 is @ 80% and the BD tuner is on performance..My programmers are always on these settings, this is where I get my best mileage on average is 18mpg empty and about 15mpg towing approx.8000lbs

·
Premium Member
809 Posts
Mines starting to slip too.

·
Registered
508 Posts
sounds like NADP is the way to go cuz it was a 4 wheel boosted launch that put me in this situation, haha lets just say the other guy didn't now what to think when i launched and i didn't know what to think when my tranny wouldn't shift no more lol

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
I am so happy to see all the compound turbos, intake elbows, injectors, CP3s and tuners, but they are all crap without a good transmission!
I wonder if the main trans builders don't think that the 68RFE is worthy of building because most people won't do anything to their emission chocked down motors?
I am not doing anything else to my motor until I get a decent transmission!
I'm glad you mentioned this, because at this point, it's what is really holding these trucks back. 170 horsepower tunes, 225 horsepower tunes, removing torque managment - it doesn't mean a thing if you have a stock auto.

And I bet with the new big HP tunes coming out, we're gonna see a flood of "I blew my tranny" posts in this section.

I'm with you, I'm not changing programmers or adding more power until there is a fully built 68RFE (or the ability to swap a built 48RE) into this thing.

·
Registered
508 Posts
yeah we definetly need to make these 68 a little stronger. i'm gonna wait till somebody makes one that will hold some more hp and tq. in the mean time I am going to save up enough mulah to purchase one lol

·
Banned
1,872 Posts
yeah we definetly need to make these 68 a little stronger. i'm gonna wait till somebody makes one that will hold some more hp and tq. in the mean time I am going to save up enough mulah to purchase one lol
i hear ya all dudes,,this is a good point to bring up,,cause i see alot of guys on here who have all these mods and no backup,,the heart of the drivetrain....and also can be a weak link if we're not carefull..nadp is good ,ats i hear stay away from,and goerend so far has cpme out with a few parts so far?? and i no there a proven tranny....im sure bd will come out with one soon aswell..but it all comes down to cost and performance,,what do you want to gain...? i want it all myself so lets go for a 2500 hp tranny whats that gonna cost me?? cause i always want that safety factor in there..when yur playin with yur 1000hp its fun so i think thats my next mod ?? no xrt or max or smarty,,im gonna trade my pmt for a brand new egde j/w additude,,straght across with another member so gonna try somethin new ..but the tranny will be my next investment.....good thread guys:thumbsup:

·
Registered
447 Posts
Anyone have info on the 48RE bolt pattern's?

If the problems with the 68RFE are the clutch's not being big enough to hold the power, will an aftermarket pump & or valve body be able to supply enough cool fluid to keep them alive? (Most notably 5+6 gear being the smallest)

I really don't care about 6 speeds, and if it means I have to swap a 48RE in and lose the exhaust brake then so be it! You can always add a Pac-brake onto a 5.9 stock turbo and use the 5.9 manifold and bolt it up.

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
Let's keep this one up at the top to show we really need a solution.

My 68 auto shutters like crazy in 4th-6th with just an EPP 100% and Edge on 3. If I set the Edge to 6 (hot) I feel like I'm leaving parts behind!!

·
Banned
1,872 Posts
mines been holding up nicely(knock on wood) but i just would like to get a better one in,,cause i want to add more power but dont need the downtime either cause i work with this beast,,so gotta keep her happy and rollin,,,,but ya lets keep thi alive cause i see more and more power being available to us,,but no transmissions,,,,whats the d doesent anybody care about the weakest link to the power thats being offerd,,,i could care less what tuner i have ,,if the tranny aint going to hold the power then im wasting my time and the being laughed at part isnt fun either....and the i told u so's,,,?? jmo:thumbsup::S:

·
Registered
574 Posts
Just to keep it up top, I'm stock piling horsepower parts right now but there not going on till they either build a stout 68 or I get pissed and put a 48re like the brown boys. I have the suncoast convertor and mega rebuild but its maxed out already.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts