Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my truck is a 98 12 valve 5 spd with around 650ooo miles. 5 or 6 months ago i took the fuel plate out and moved the star wheel and moved the afc forward. Truck ran good i broke an axle 4 days after that and it set on the side of the highway for a week before i went back to fix it, after a few fun hours in the dark she was ready to roll again. I started her up and noticed a ping sound (as if something was tapping the block really gently) being that i could not miss work i said screw it and turned the radio up and proceded onto my 2 hour voyage. 2 hours later when i let of the gas and turned the radio down before coming to an intersaction the truck sounded like it was going to put a rod through the block i drove to a gas station turned her off and said "fml" anyways checked the dipstick there was oil in her with some really fine metallic look , But its looked like that for 2 years so nothing new to my eyes. I tried starting her and she didnt want to go she finally did i moved her to the back and bought a 400 dollar jeep to get to work. The truck set there for 5 months and i am wondering what to do with it now. My question is well first if anybody got any ideas and secondly i was thinking since its a sound that got louder with time and changed tone could it be something to do with me taking out the fuel plate, and i cant really see it being a rod since it ran fine before the axle snapped. Is there a way to narrow down what it could be. thanks

1 - 1 of 1 Posts