Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just bought a 12v bseries 210hp cummins gonna put it a superduty just looking for some input on the the turbo and other things to check. it was sitting for a year since it has been ran, just wondering if there is anything worth checking because it was sitting, it is a reman motor that has 20,000 miles on it and was involved in a accident truck bad but motor good. i was told that i should get a new turbo just because it has been sitting, do i? or with it being a reman was the turbo reman as well?

·
Registered
17,610 Posts
The turbo should be fine. I suggest you disconnect the oil line at the top and pour some oil into the hole while spinning the blades. That is the procedure when installing a new turbo.

·
Registered
550 Posts
what id do is unhook the wire from the ip shutoff solonoid and crank it till you get oil presure (primes the mains and other important parts) then fire it up.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Pull the Oil Pan plug to at least loose the lowest portion of Motor Oil there...if any Water condensated it will be at the very bottom of the pan, and NOT the FIRST thing one wants to circulate across Lower-End Bearings when cranked-over-dry having set so long!

I'd do this everywhere accessable...the Water Separator, Fuel Filter, etc., and add SeaFoam to both Fuel and Eng. Oil prior Start-up after such a long Sit.

I'm dealin' with this myself right now for obtaining a '96 180 H.P. that appears to have sat laid-over on the Turbo side in an area of MUD -- that may also have flooded...it's lookin' pretty good so-far, but I haven't got the pan drain out yet...I'll see to know something -- good, bad, 'er Ugly -- then ; )

1 - 4 of 4 Posts