Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how bad would 18x9's with 4.5 backspace(and -12 offset) rub with a 2 inch level with 35x12.50??? thanks

·
Braaap, Braaap, BOOM!!!
6,142 Posts
It will be close to rubbing but I think you will be good. JMO

·
Registered
567 Posts
Shouldn't be to bad Im running same rim in a 17X9 with 35's and leveling kit and it only rubs when crossing a dip turning hasn't cut the tire or harmed anything though.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Shouldn't be to bad Im running same rim in a 17X9 with 35's and leveling kit and it only rubs when crossing a dip turning hasn't cut the tire or harmed anything though.
what exactly are you rubbing???oh and how far do they stick out???

·
Registered
567 Posts
Right at bottom of the pinch weld on the body behind the front tire. Like I said just have to be careful when crossing a dip or ditch is all. They stick out out about 1 inch or 1 1/2

·
Some-Sho Some-Go
1,621 Posts
Right at bottom of the pinch weld on the body behind the front tire. Like I said just have to be careful when crossing a dip or ditch is all. They stick out out about 1 inch or 1 1/2
Any pictures?

·
Registered
54 Posts
My moto metal 955's have the same measurements, but I am running a 325/65r18. They do rub when you hit a bump at full lock. I should have gone with 6" instead of 4.5" to clear properly. Long story short, they WILL rub, badly: see below WITH 4.5"

·
Registered
54 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts

Alot of it depends on how wide of tire you are running and it depends on the tire manufacters

·
Registered
19 Posts
I run Black Moto Metal 951s 18X9 with Toyo M/T 35/12.50/18...Got a 2 inch level kit and they dont rub. They are pretty close, but no rubbing. Before I got the level kit they rubbed a lot, but you should be good.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
4.5 backspace and what offset, do they stick out, get some pics if you can!!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
They are the same...4.5 backspace -12 offset....They stick out about 1 1/2-2 inches. Looks sweet though...Gives it the big tough truck look. Whats your email...I have some pics before I got the level kit.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
They are the same...4.5 backspace -12 offset....They stick out about 1 1/2-2 inches. Looks sweet though...Gives it the big tough truck look. Whats your email...I have some pics before I got the level kit.
[email protected], appreciate it!!!

·
Registered
26 Posts

not a very good picture but mine stick out 3 1/4" but mine 18X10

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
did they rub with full tread on the tires???

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yea they rubbed if you cocked the wheels all the way, but they rubbed the plastic of the inside of the bumper so no harm done. Be careful though, because if they rub against the body of the truck at the corner, you will have some torn up tires. Best bet would be to get the level kit, and have no worries. Without a level kit though, I would say stick with 33s.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yea they rubbed if you cocked the wheels all the way, but they rubbed the plastic of the inside of the bumper so no harm done. Be careful though, because if they rub against the body of the truck at the corner, you will have some torn up tires. Best bet would be to get the level kit, and have no worries. Without a level kit though, I would say stick with 33s.
so with the leveling kit and full tread you had no rub??

·
Registered
19 Posts
With the leveling kit, no rub with 35/12.50/18 on the moto metal 951s...With stock wheels, you should be able to fit 37s with maybe a little rub on the control arms.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
alright cleared up now thank you!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts