Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, after looking through probably 80% of the threads involving biodiesel processors I have yet to come up with the easiest cheapest method. I mean there are appleseeds, bio-pros, etc. Any thoughts on how to make the cheapest, most simple processor? I know it depends on what materials you can come up with like barrels and such but could someone help a rookie out? I know it's asking alot but diagrams are great since people can make the containers out of different things. $5?? IT"S KILLING ME!!!

·
Registered
213 Posts
Bump... Interested in this Question as Well :thumbsup

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
either an appleseed type or

just make your own processor to the specs of one like.... evolution or freedome fueler. can be done for about $1500

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
the easiest is going to a biopro setup and the cheapest is going to be your appleseed style processor.

·
hydraulic lifter crew
12,566 Posts
did anyone see xtreme 4x4 on spike this weekend ?
they made a 45 gallon batch of biodiesel on this episode.
those shows make it look SOOOOO simple.

in any case, they did it, said it cost them around $1.20/gal to make.

·
Registered
508 Posts
my wife has a set up that uses a 6 gal. stainless pot with a cover, a harbor freight drill and a five gal bucket. we can only make 5 gal at a time, but it works. We found the right up on it by googling it.

·
Banned
333 Posts
What do you have to do to these new trucks to run 100% bio? I heard before somewhere that it can cause corrosion, but there are additives to combat that I guesse.

·
Premium Member
5,204 Posts
What do you have to do to these new trucks to run 100% bio? I heard before somewhere that it can cause corrosion, but there are additives to combat that I guesse.
Not much I would just watch the fuel filter and maybe add a secondary water separator and then work up from like a B20 blend or so...:thumbsup

·
Registered
8 Posts
Take a look at my write up on my processor under construction. It is on the Oklahoma based biodiesel production resource. forum section.
I am building a 55 gallon reactor with a budget of $1000. Should be interesting. Just getting started.

It is under the "Show the world your reactor" section.

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
still waiting for the confirmation that my 150 will ship july 3rd from CA................fingers crossed and a BIG smile on face............will post pics

·
Banned
397 Posts
Most of the companies and people trying to sell you a biodiesel processor are trying to cash in on the Goldrush mentality surrounding biodiesel.Making bio is easy,and putting a system together yourself is easy and inexpensive.The sellers of bio processors are charging HUGE markups for their products.We make all the bio we need in a single 60 gallon cone bottom tank with stand that Ace-Roto mold makes and sells for about $100.There the secret is out!

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
well it will be here tomorrow between 1 & 3 PM..................

1 - 15 of 15 Posts